SiteMap Errors On Google Webmaster

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hello,
my website is https://www.customhomerugs.com/
It is showing sitemap invalid url errors

Sitemap can be read, but has errors

Invalid URL
29 instances

This is not a valid URL. Please correct it and resubmit.

Examples

URL:
Line 1504
Parent tag:
url
Tag:
loc

URL:
Line 1509
Parent tag:
url
Tag:
loc

URL:
Line 1514
Parent tag:
url
Tag:
loc

Can anyone tell me what could be wrong here ? and will sitemap errors affect seo ?

Thanks,
Varun
4 years ago
Hi,

Maybe some products don't have the SEO friendly name. It can be the cause of the SiteMap Error. Maybe this can help.  
Also, check that you are not using invalid characters and don't forget to clean the cache after editing.
4 years ago
dunaenko.m wrote:
Hi,

Maybe some products don't have the SEO friendly name. It can be the cause of the SiteMap Error. Maybe this can help.  
Also, check that you are not using invalid characters and don't forget to clean the cache after editing.

Hi Maria,
Thank you so much for your reply.
Only one product had _ symbol in the url. Other than that all products seemed good. I still dont know what the issue is.
By the way, will a sitemap error lower seo ranking ? or will it just prevent those pages from getting crawled ?
4 years ago
Hi Varun,

Yes, you`re right. Sitemap error will lower SEO ranking.
The problem may be in the builtin@search_engine_record.com user record.
Maybe for some reason, the Guest role was deleted from the Customer_CustomerRole_Mapping table.
Check for the role and recover if it`s removed.
4 years ago
dunaenko.m wrote:
Hi Varun,

Maybe for some reason, the Guest role was deleted from the Customer_CustomerRole_Mapping table.

Hi Maria,
Thank you for your reply again, really appreciate your support.

Guest user ID's 7 and 8 are both built in search engine records and they are active and not deleted.
I checked the customer role mapping and the customer id's 7 and 8 are both mapped correctly to role 4 guests.

Is there any other suggestions ?

Additional Info:
(The issue is not there when i untick products to show on sitemap. But the moment i include products i get 29 errors.)

Thank you,
Varun
4 years ago
dunaenko.m wrote:
Hi Varun,

Hi Maria, i posted on google search console forum, and they mentioned its a nopcommerce error.
They also validated the sitemap here and showed me. It detects an error on the header. (only when i include products)

https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/validate-xml-sitemap.html?op=validate-xml-sitemap&go=1&sitemapurl=www.customhomerugs.com%2Fsitemap.xml&submit=Validate+Sitemap
4 years ago
Please clarify your nopCommerce version
4 years ago
dunaenko.m wrote:

Version 3.90
4 years ago
dunaenko.m wrote:

Sorry, im using Version 3.90 of NopCommerce
4 years ago
I advise you to upgrade your store to 4.20. There are should not be this error. Also, it has many improvements.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.