Stock Inventory Level Problem

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
I am considering the feasibility of implementing an event booking system with nopCommerce and have created a test event with a product attribute of Adult or Child. I have set the inventory method to "Track Inventory".

If i set the stock level to 20, it allows me to sell 20 adult and 20 child tickets?
Is this a bug?
I would only expect that if i had chosen "Track Inventory By Product Attributes".

Thanks
Andy
4 years ago
andyhollis wrote:
I am considering the feasibility of implementing an event booking system with nopCommerce and have created a test event with a product attribute of Adult or Child. I have set the inventory method to "Track Inventory".

If i set the stock level to 20, it allows me to sell 20 adult and 20 child tickets?
Is this a bug?
I would only expect that if i had chosen "Track Inventory By Product Attributes".

Thanks
Andy

It is by design. You have to select "Track Inventory By Product Attributes" if you want to track inventory by its attributes.
4 years ago
I thought inventory by product attributes was to allow a separate quantity for each attribute eg red and blue trainers?

I want a single qty regardless of any attributes. The attribute affects the pricing and validation. If the stock level is 10 i can sell 10 in total regardless of whether its adult or child. Is this possible?
4 years ago
Ive filed this as a bug as it only goes wrong when purchasing the max qty for adult and child in the same transaction. Buy just adult and then attempt to buy child tickets correctly validates against it.
4 years ago
Yes I agree in this mode i.e. not "Track Inventory By Product Attribute" You should be able to set the inventory at 10 then only sell 10 or combination there off. It should not matter if Red or Black or Adult or Child.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.