azure sql db backup/restore

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hello - I am trying to back up the SQL database on Azure and restore it to a local SQL server.  The Azure database is a MS SQL server running as a service, therefore the backup is achieved by creating a backpac file.  The Azure backup fails because of an encrypted stored procedure named ProductLoadAllPagedNopAjaxFilters installed with Nop Ajax Filters.

How do I back up my database?
4 years ago
mikehiga wrote:
Hello - I am trying to back up the SQL database on Azure and restore it to a local SQL server.  The Azure database is a MS SQL server running as a service, therefore the backup is achieved by creating a backpac file.  The Azure backup fails because of an encrypted stored procedure named ProductLoadAllPagedNopAjaxFilters installed with Nop Ajax Filters.

How do I back up my database?

You can exclude the said Stored Procedure, it's added by Ajax Filters plugins by nop-templates. The said SP can be added later by running plugin installation again. :)

4 years ago
That works for a one-time backup.  Thanks!

How would we handle nightly backups when we go live?  I'm not really sure what benefits this plugin brings to the table, but if it's not really adding value, I'm thinking of removing it permanently.  Any advice on removing this plugin?
4 years ago
You should be able to configure so that this SP is excluded? :)

4 years ago
Thank you for the advice.  I don't know if it's possible to exclude objects from a backup job, but I will look into this.
4 years ago
Just to close off this topic, I removed Nop Ajax Filters Pro (Nop-Templates.com) from my web site.

Now my backup jobs run successfully.  Bear in mind, this seems to only be a problem when using Azure SQL Database Service as it has a different way of backing up the database than a traditional SQL server database.

I hope I never get in a position where I require Nop Ajax Filters Pro (Nop-Templates.com).
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.