Is there any need for a Google Custom Search plugin?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
We recently have developed a new plugin to replace the NopCommerce Search mechanism with the Google Custom Search engine.

Support for:
-endless scrolling (auto paging) through search results
-storage of search terms
-fully adjustable to your own website styling. Customers won't see the difference
-no Google styling
-support form multi store configurations (independent api keys)
-support for both free Google search as well as paid Google search api.

We are thinking of making this a commercially available plugin for all NopCommerce versions 3.5 - 4.2.

Before we do that, we would like to know if there is any need for such a plugin and what would be an acceptable price.

I'll keep an eye on the postings to this topic.
Cheers
Stefan van der Horst
Product manager Actopus
4 years ago
Since there is no need for such a plugin we will not commercially exploit this plugin and only use it for our own 3.7 nopcommerce site.s
4 years ago
I am looking for this on nop 4.2 installed on umbuntu box with seperate mssql installed on umbuntu.  Please reach out to me if you have done anything on 4.2
4 years ago
Due to the lack of interest at the time we have cancelled the project.
4 years ago
You should have built it for a one time setup fee and monthly fee. Given the limited features of the NOP Search and the pricey subscription fees to go with the smart search platforms - $100-500 USD p/m, theres a good opportunity to build a plugin for Google CSE. Note: You'd need to charge a monthly fee as Google charges to remove ads. Their premium search is $5 per 1000 queries.

I'm sure once it was built, people would be all over it, assuming the pricing is reasonable.
4 years ago
gmoore wrote:
You should have built it for a one time setup fee and monthly fee. Given the limited features of the NOP Search and the pricey subscription fees to go with the smart search platforms - $100-500 USD p/m, theres a good opportunity to build a plugin for Google CSE. Note: You'd need to charge a monthly fee as Google charges to remove ads. Their premium search is $5 per 1000 queries.

I'm sure once it was built, people would be all over it, assuming the pricing is reasonable.

Hi,

I would like to point you to one of our plugin - nopAccelerate Plus Search - Relevant & Full Text Search - which offers similar search experience that you are looking forward to use. Although it's not based on Google Search, but it uses one of the best and popular open source enterprise search platform, i.e. Apache Solr.

Regards,

Team nopAccelerate
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.