Delete registered users

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
I get a few new users each day from Google.  Now I have thousands of these.  How do I delete these?
4 years ago
Hello,

Are you sure those are registered users? If they are from Google they shouldn't be registered but rather be guests.

You can delete Customers from their administration page - Administration -> Customers -> Customers -> Edit Customer. Then just click the Delete button or just deactivate them by unchecking the "Active" setting.

You can use the Delete Guest Customers functionality to delete guests by clicking the Delete button in the Administration -> System -> Maintenance -> Delete Guest Customers page.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Anton
4 years ago
if this is a guest customer then you can start schedule task from "https://admin-demo.nopcommerce.com/Admin/ScheduleTask/List".
4 years ago
caskscob wrote:
I get a few new users each day from Google.

What you mean by "From google"? Company name google? If so, many bots are registered with that company name, also last two letters of name are capitalized.
Delete of the users, only one by one if using admin panel. You may use also SQL to delete most of those by single command run.

Regards,
Tom
4 years ago
nop4you wrote:
I get a few new users each day from Google.
What you mean by "From google"? Company name google? If so, many bots are registered with that company name, also last two letters of name are capitalized.
Delete of the users, only one by one if using admin panel. You may use also SQL to delete most of those by single command run.

Regards,
Tom

I have the same problem. The registration details are like this:

[email protected]  Fingerboardazj  Fingerboardazj zzusalmewmjydnwGP  Registered  google  84576427987  Fingerboardqso

[email protected]  Anthondof  Anthondof AnthondofSV  Registered  google  81641946268  Anthondof

I have only managed to figure out how to remove the user data from the two main forum tables via SQL Statements but I don't know how to write a more efficient statement that will remove the customerid as the 'last post by' and reduce the post count of each forum by the number that has been deleted. These accounts are spamming my forum and blog. eMail Auth, Honeypot and Captchas enabled, they don't stop them, so if they are bots then they are getting round the security, but I'd say they are humans.

Deleting them from the admin panel will only allow them to sign up again with the same email, so they need to be de-activated and their entire post history removed.

The Nop Team should provide a way to delete everything by CustomerID except the account, so we can deal with this efficiently.
4 years ago
It would be nice if there was a "Delete selected" button on the customer admin page, rather than having to Edit each one.

RE: "...Deleting them from the admin panel will only allow them to sign up again with the same email..."
They will probably use a different email the next time anyway.
There is a setting (in later versions of nopC) "customersettings.suffixdeletedcustomers".  By default it is False, and they would not be able to re-register with the same email.

I've been getting them too, and am considering a 'hack' (quick workaround) - creating a Trigger in the DB that would prevent the registration.  It would be similar to the hack I mentioned here

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/55043/make-forum-moderators-to-hidedelete-spams-from-forums-when-nop-team-is-not-around.aspx#238009
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.