Hide out of stock attribute combinations. No solution?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hi.
At first I thought that using attribute combinations would be exactly what I wanted. I could add only one product and then have people pick colors and weights based on that. Adding on top of that would be the ability to keep track of inventory via attribute combinations. Perfect! In theory.. In practice it is horrible. Since the customer has no way of knowing which attribute combinations are available this quickly turns into a nightmare. There has to be a way for the customer to see which combinations are out of stock without having to try every single combination.

I saw this plugin: https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/3339/product-attribute-out-of-stock-plugin.aspx but it is not available anymore.

So I ask. Is there no solution to this?
4 years ago
Customization is needed to achieve this. :)

4 years ago
wooncherk wrote:
Customization is needed to achieve this. :)

Yeah :)
I was hoping someone had already solved the problem and was in a giving mood.

There used to exist a plugin for this but it leads to a website which is no longer available.
4 years ago
Try to PM the author and see if he'll upgrade it  (or donate the code ;)
4 years ago
I have done this in my site.

Upon seeing this thread I have tried to go through the tutorial here for creating a plugin in 3.9 but the tutorial isn't very good so I haven't been able to get very far. If someone can post a guide or link to a guide that doesn't just say what to do but also how to do it I will see if I can have another go at creating one.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.