Warranty shipments, how to.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hello,

How do you guys suggest doing a warranty order ?
Right now I use a discount code to make the order 100% free, so I impersonate the customer and place the order.

Is there a better way so I don't have to have discount codes that will give free products if the code got misused?

Kenny
4 years ago
I think discount code is a reasonable way to do it.  You could have a custom discount requirement rule created to check for impersonating.

(Or, if you are a user of Shipping Director, you can prevent checkout by checking for use of discount and not IsImpersonating.  contact us if you need more info)
4 years ago
As always, thank you Dennis.

I did not know shipping director could do that.

I will email you.

Kenny
4 years ago
Add new 'Shipping Director' record - a variable to calculate when warranty.  For example, if the Coupon Code is "warranty"  (or "warranty a", or "warranty b", etc. below we use Contains() for match) :

Type        Boolean
Name        IsWarranty
Expression  Customer.GetAttribute("DiscountCouponCode").Contains("""warranty""")

(Be sure to put in all those quote characters. The syntax is a little funny since nopC started to support multiple coupon codes.  Maybe we'll add a helper function to next version of SD ;)

Then follow that record with

Type       ErrorExit
Name       Check valid warranty usage
Expression [IsWarranty] and NOT IsImpersonating
Description  "Invalid use of warranty coupon"

(contact us if you need more info :)
4 years ago
Oops; make the expression look like this

Customer.HasAttribute("DiscountCouponCode","warranty")

I forgot we had HasAttribute, because if there is no coupon entered the value is NULL which is a problem for .Contains()
4 years ago
OK, just to set the record straight on this ;)  ...

Although the  HasAttribute  extension works, it won't be able to check the DiscountCouponCode as in the above example  (Coupon Code is "warranty" or "warranty a", or "warranty b", etc.).  nopCommerce now supports multiple coupon codes stored in XML in the DiscountCouponCode attribute.   If there is no coupon code entered, then the attribute will be the null string, and you cannot call methods (like ToLower() ) on null strings.  So, to test any variation ("warranty a", or "warranty b", etc.), you can do this workaround:

(Customer.GetAttribute("DiscountCouponCode") + ".").ToLower().Contains("""couponcode""")
3 years ago
Has anyone figured out a plug-in that can manage and transact warranty claims besides the use of promotional codes?
3 years ago
Another option is to use Return Requests.  Could you describe the workflow your looking for?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.