Moving images to Azure Blob Storage - nopCommerce 4.10

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hi,

I was wondering if someone had the answers I'm looking for..

We are using nopCommerce 4.10 at the moment and we are storing the images with the default settings.

However, I want all product images (thumbs) over to Azure Blob Storage and I'm trying to figure out the best course of action..

We have around 2000 products in our ecommerce store and all of them have 1-3 images connected to them and stored the default way.

I know I can go to the AppSettings file and input the ConnectionString, Endpoint and Container there.

But what I was wondering is:

1. After I change the setting in the AppSettings file, does nopCommerce automatically move/copy the thumbs already existing with the products or do I need to move them manually?

2. If I need to move them manually what is the best course of action? Go into every product, delete the photo and insert again? Or is there a more practical way to accomplish this?

It would of course be great if there was some automatic way to do all this since I would hate having to go through over 2000 products to get this done.

Looking forward to getting some guidance on the matter!
4 years ago
Does anyone know the answer? :)
4 years ago
Still hoping someone can give me insight into this since the documentation doesn't provide it.
4 years ago
Sadly nobody answered me about this topic so I just tried it myself to see what would happen last Saturday.

It started automatically to move/copy all images over to Azure Blob Storage and it has moved around 10K images of about 14K in total so it's still going the moment.

It started moving images pretty fast the first 3 days but then it slowed down to maybe 90-180 images per day (not sure why that happened).

But if anyone was wondering about this then now you know and hopefully it can help someone that might be using nopCommerce for the first time.
4 years ago
Hi OTH,

Does this move the picture binaries from SQL DB to Azure Blob storage? Or just the thumbnails?

We are using Azure blob and we are only seeing a few (200) thumbnails being moved to Azure, but that's it.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.