SmarterASP Down

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
silverio wrote:
...Are guys staying with them after the disaster?

I have clients that are staying with them.  Their sites came up early Monday morning (Nov 11).  For one of them, there were some Admin pages that still had problems (you could see funny chars in the .cshtml pages), but I corrected those pages myself by restoring from a backup. Otherwise, the site looked fine and the DB was intact.

I'm not happy that their hosting was vulnerable to such an attack, and hope they will, as they say on their support page, "have experts working on a new system that will prevent such issue from occurring again in the future."   That said, I suspect that any hosting site could be vulnerable to such an attack, since it could be done by an insider, so I think that their ability to recover in under two days was pretty good.  (Although others many not have been so lucky).
4 years ago
jfulleton wrote:

I want to find another hosting provider in the USA.
Does someone have any suggestion?

Some people on Twitter (#smarterasp) are telling good things about HostGator. But I have never worked with them so I can't tell you more...

What good things have you heard about HostGator?

I've used HostGator before.  Too big, just like SmarterASP.  Don't have good customer service.  They are owned by a large Hosting Conglomerate EIG.  Just look them up.  No good.

HostGator is not so good. My opinion that find windows hosting specialize will be better. I would recommend Asphostportal for .net Core hosting. I have tried Azure too, but so costly, can't afford the fee. Formerly, I want to use Smarter, but I forgot why I didn't take them. If I signed up with them, maybe I will bang my head on the wall now.
4 years ago
Jones2018 wrote:
SmarterASP has been down 10+ hours now.

Customers are showing screenshots of their files crypto locked on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/hashtag/smarterasp?lang=en

This is exactly the same thing that happened to A2 Hosting a few months back.

Not good.

Don't use A2, they unable to recovery, please see https://windowswebhostingreview.com/a2hosting-infected-malware-looking-for-a2-asp-net-hosting-alternative/
4 years ago
We moving to www.bluehost.com

So far all good with them. SmarterAsp was good in past but in last few months all the time some issues.
4 years ago
Our website is still down with SmarterASP. I am looking for an alternative as well. We can't rely on a host promising things and not realising them.

I am however also really interested in getting Nop running on Linux (ubuntu 16.04 or 14.04).

If somebody has a step-by-step tutorial on doing this, I would be more than happy to view it! :)
4 years ago
foxnetsoft wrote:
I think the smarterasp will not solve this problem. We lost our data 😀.
I read several posts, customers wrote that the files were encrypted and I saw that databases were offline too.
I want to find another hosting provider in the USA.
Does someone have any suggestion?

We definitely recommend PeoplesHost because the pricing is good and their service is excellent.
4 years ago
https://www.peopleshost.com

I have used it. I didn't see any problems this week and support is very fast.
But I decided to leave  SmarterASP account too.
4 years ago
BrickHunters wrote:
Our website is still down with SmarterASP. I am looking for an alternative as well. We can't rely on a host promising things and not realising them.

I am however also really interested in getting Nop running on Linux (ubuntu 16.04 or 14.04).

If somebody has a step-by-step tutorial on doing this, I would be more than happy to view it! :)

Never try to run nopCommerce in Linux. Let me know the result. If you are still using Windows, then give Asphostportal.com a try. I use their service, good, never had big problems.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.