Better support for Azure

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
I'd like to see better support for hosting on Azure. I've opened issue for some of these. I am happy to issue pull requests for some of these items. Changes I'd like to see include:

* Using AppAuthentication to connect to Azure SQL with integrated security and Azure AD
https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/4165

* Storing DataProtectionKeys in an Azure storage container
https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/4166

* Storing plugins.json in an Azure storage container

Thoughts on these? Any other Azure configuration settings you'd like to see?
4 years ago
RE:  * Storing plugins.json in an Azure storage container

Reasons why?
4 years ago
New York wrote:
RE:  * Storing plugins.json in an Azure storage container

Reasons why?

Azure deployment slots or Azure load balanced applications need to share a plugins.json since it tracks which plugins have been installed (some have db install/uninstall scripts). Deployments should not overwrite the plugins.json. With Azure Deployment Slots, you have to replace the entire deployable and cannot keep the production App_Data that has been altered since last deploy since it gets swapped into the production slot.
4 years ago
You should Google site:nopCommerce.com Azure deployment slots.
I think others in the past have mentioned other concerns
"\wwwroot\images\uploaded" folder?
\appsettings.json ?
4 years ago
New York wrote:
You should Google site:nopCommerce.com Azure deployment slots.
I think others in the past have mentioned other concerns
"\wwwroot\images\uploaded" folder?
\appsettings.json ?

Yes. I understand what needs to be removed from the deployment directory. That is what my original post is all about: removing the non-deployable items from the deployment location. We use Octopus Deploy and do configuration substitution when deploying appsettings.json, so that's not an issue. There is already out-of-the-box support for Azure Storage for media. But we are still missing:

Azure Storage support for plugins.json
Azure Storage support for data protection keys
Azure AppAuthentication support (integrated security with Azure AD and managed identities)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.