Fix For Cancelled Order Placed in NOP Commerce 4.2

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Dear Community,

Is there a proper fix for Cancelled order in Payment Gateway to not place order and decrease inventory.

We have to manually cancel the order every time.
It should send user to Order Not Placed Please Retry.

Why NOPcommerce team did not fix this problem in the upgrade ????

Thank You.
4 years ago
This is a feature who dont want to cancel order if payment process is fail or etc.
This is a bug for who compulsory want to complete order in case of status payment status otherwise no need to place order.

Now for this you have to customize or use any existing plugin or create new plugin for this changes.
4 years ago
Please advise fix for not placing order when payment is NOT MADE.

Customer should go to a retry payment page instead of current order placed page.

I think NOPcommerce development team should fix this issue. It is missinformation to store owner and customer which is completely unacceptable.

Please fix this issue. It's very simple No Payment -- No Order -- Retry Payment Page.

Thanks
4 years ago
Most of the store owner use Cash on Delivery payment plugin. Even sometimes Card on Delivery. That's why unpaid orders also must be saved in same table. However you can easily hide unpaid orders from your admin panel by customizing your code.
4 years ago
The nop commerce should fix the issue with proper use cases. I am talking about failed payment via payment gateway not cash on delivery.

I know about the customization to stop sending email . But that is not fix.

As customer is taken to order placed thank you page and the inventory is reduced.

Then I have to manually cancel order.

Can anyone from NOPcommerce development team work on this .

Thanks
4 years ago
Which payment gateway are you talking about ?
There is nothing to fix because this way is fail safe by design.

What do you want to happen for the case when after the payment is made there is an error on the return from the payment gateway and the nop website is not called back for some reason. Then you have a payment but no order ?

Sure you can implement a retry payment for the case you are talking about. In our system we also send an email to notify / remind that customer the payment has not been made and a link to the website to retry payment / select another payment method.
4 years ago
Hi ,

I am using Payment Gateway Avenue (available in marketplace) for credit / debit card payment.

As customer selects card payment option he is directed to payment portal page for completing the purchase.

For any reason the payment is cancelled or aborted. Customer is redirected to thank you order placed page.

Which confuses the customer . The correct flow should be payment unsuccessful and retry. This is normal flow in all websites but issue in NOPcommerce.

The communication needs to clear between website and customer. As we can't tell end customer about technical details. Technical issue to be fixed by development team.

Thank You !
4 years ago
This one ?
https://www.nopcommerce.com/ccavenue-payment-module-nopcommerce-team
4 years ago
Yidna wrote:

Dear Sir,
Yes that is correct.
4 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Dear Community,

Is there a proper fix for Cancelled order in Payment Gateway to not place order and decrease inventory.

We have to manually cancel the order every time.
It should send user to Order Not Placed Please Retry.

Why NOPcommerce team did not fix this problem in the upgrade ????

Thank You.

Please see the discussion.
https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/223
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.