Continuous logging "The operation has timed out "

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hi,
My nopCommerce application is deployed in RDP server.
I'm getting continues below log message in Admin > System > Log

I disabled keep alive task scheduler and other schedulers, but still getting the same log message.

Log level
Error
Short message
The operation has timed out.
Full message
System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBits(WebRequest request, Stream writeStream)
at System.Net.WebClient.UploadBits(WebRequest request, Stream readStream, Byte[] buffer, Int32 chunkSize, Byte[] header, Byte[] footer)
at System.Net.WebClient.UploadValues(Uri address, String method, NameValueCollection data)
at Nop.Services.Tasks.TaskThread.Run() in E:\Testing\nopCommerce\nopCommerce_4.10_Source\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tasks\TaskThread.cs:line 65
4 years ago
Hello,

This seems like one of the tasks in the Administration -> System -> Schedule Tasks takes too long to complete and timeouts.
In 4.1 running a task in nopCommerce happens through a web request. Web requests don't run indefinitely - they have a limit. When that limit is hit this exception is thrown informing you of that a timeout has occurred.
The default timeout period for web requests in nopCommerce 4.1 is 7 minutes and it is defined in the web.config file.

I would suggest you go to your schedule tasks and see which one timeouts and see what you can do about it. If there is no other way you can increase your timeout period by editing your web.config file and changing the requestTimeout attribute of the  aspNetCore tag.

Hope that  helps!

Regards,
Anton
4 years ago
Hi Anton,
Thank you for your update.
Nop-Templates.com wrote:

I would suggest you go to your schedule tasks and see which one timeouts and see what you can do about it

I analysis error log and it seems every log place after exact 160 sec (2 minute 40 sec) and there is no scheduler task is configured with time.

Nop-Templates.com wrote:
Hello,
If there is no other way you can increase your timeout period by editing your web.config file and changing the requestTimeout attribute of the  aspNetCore tag.

requestTimeout timeout in web.config is 00:23:00

I'm looking in detail, let me know if any other suggestions.
4 years ago
Disable all the scheduled tasks, and then if no errors then enable them one at a time (wait 3 minutes between each ;)
4 years ago
New York wrote:
Disable all the scheduled tasks, and then if no errors then enable them one at a time (wait 3 minutes between each ;)

I did the same and noticed one of schedule task causing this issue.
Thanks Anton and New York
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.