nopTranslate Translation helper

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
I had to translate to Slovenian and made a nopTranslate utility that utilizes Google Translate to help translating any language. Sure, not all default translations are perfect, but still better than translating all of them manually...
I thought it might help someone.
4 years ago
Thanks for all the effort. It provides another option for the localization. Having multiple options is great but
You can simply integrate the google translate features on your website if you just want to use the google translate.

<div id="google_translate_element"></div>
<script>
    function googleTranslateElementInit() {
        new google.translate.TranslateElement(
            {pageLanguage: 'en'},
            'google_translate_element'
        );
    }
</script>
<script src="http://translate.google.com/translate_a/element.js?cb=googleTranslateElementInit"></script>

But google translate is nowhere near accurate that's why all the hassles for localizing the resource are worth it. And crowdin really makes the process really smooth and easier which is used by NopCommerce for managing the localization. You can contribute to the localization, you need to follow this  link. Even a small contribution makes big difference for the open sourced project.
4 years ago
Thanks Sanju. Maybe I wasn't clear enough - nopTranslate simply helps translate whole language pack quickly, sure one has to double check/correct translations.

I'm eager to contribute my revised and tested language_pack.xml and I even signed into Crowdin but there I'd have to do it string by string since an option to upload translations is grayed out for me.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.