Different types of cache explained

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hello guys,

Can some one please explain me the logic of the cache in Nop?
I mean that there are 3 different types of cache in the project:
1. RedisCacheManager
2. PerRequestCacheManager
3. MemoryCacheManager
Can someone explain me when, which and why is used? Or if there is a similar topic already to share the link.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Kris
4 years ago
KrisPetkov wrote:
Hello guys,

Can some one please explain me the logic of the cache in Nop?
I mean that there are 3 different types of cache in the project:
1. RedisCacheManager
3. MemoryCacheManager
Can someone explain me when, which and why is used? Or if there is a similar topic already to share the link.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Kris

Similar type of discussion already in the forum. By the way here is the explanation so far I know

1. RedisCacheManager
   ======> The cache will managed from a commonplace special for load balancer/ web form that it Redis. The cached data will be served from the Redis Server.  From Presentation==>Nop.Web==>appsettings.json please provide required information the bellow settings like

"RedisEnabled": false,
    "RedisDatabaseId":  "",
    "RedisConnectionString": "127.0.0.1:6379,ssl=False",
    "UseRedisToStoreDataProtectionKeys": false,
    "UseRedisForCaching": false,
    "UseRedisToStorePluginsInfo": false,

=========> Cache the data for per http call. It cache the data between two http call.
3. MemoryCacheManager
It is the default caching of nopCommerce. All data are stored in the instance/ server memory.  If you enable the Redis then data will be cached to the Redis before that data is kept to the memory.
4 years ago
Hi @sina.islam thank you for your answer!
Can you please share the link for the discussion you mentioned?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.