Currencies

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Is there any information you can give me about the exchange rates via Skype or any other application? I want "TL" to appear on my site, but I must enter the price of the products as "Dollar". Because I buy products in dollars. I opened a "TL" currency, but the "TL" option does not show prices. What should I do if I also want to update the currency automatically?
4 years ago
Did you set the exchange rate ? $1=your currency value. you can google it what is the currency rate of the currency respect of your dollar. Though the dollar rate varies.
4 years ago
There is a scheduled task "Update currency exchange rates".  (By default, it is not enabled.)

Your product prices should be entered in your "primary exchange rate currency".
3 years ago
Is there a way to set product 1 to say USD, product 2 to GBP and Product 3 to Euro as default currency for each?
i.e. the solution delivers accommodation priced in the currency into which it is supplied, so, rather than having a price set in one currency and exchanged into another, any exchange rate offered will be indicative, the actual price will remain in the currency set for the specific accommodation.
I may be wrong but it looks as if a default currency must be set and this then applies to all Products.
3 years ago
No, it's not supported.  There is only one Primary Currency for the site.
It's been discussed before, and there's an issue tracking the request
e.g.  https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/boards/topic/41937/currency-related-to-product
3 years ago
Thanks for clarifying. Sad to see this request has been outstanding for so long. This will be a deal breaker for nopCommerce for this particular client because the solution I built for them has had that feature since 2010. It was last updated in 2014 and long over due a rethink. I had rather hoped I could adapt nopCommerce to meet their needs rather than build a new bespoke solution.
3 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
I could adapt nopCommerce to meet their needs rather than build a new bespoke solution.

Still may, just need to develop new plugin which will extend this feature. If you build this as a plugin, always may add it to nopCommerce marketplace and sell it to others :)

Regards,
Tom
3 years ago
Thanks for the suggestion Tom, I'll look into doing that. If I do create this I'd be inclined to offer it freely to others rather than sell it as repayment to all those who have made nopCommerce possible.
The simplest way, as I did in their existing solution, is have an attribute in Product related to the Currency Id to set the default currency for each Product, thereafter, you need to do a bit of number crunching to tie in with the currency convertor.
To do this would not be a plugin and deviates from the core product making updating a potential hurdle but it does rather make me wonder why this has never been input to the core solution if others have been requesting it for years.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.