GenericAttribute Table

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hi,

In my database, this table takes about about 1GB of space. Can I clear this table of all rows? If not, what types of rows should I keep? The table appears to hold the customer's name, whether they use reward points, last visited page, and page where the user last searched for a product.
4 years ago
It stores all the attributes for a customer - name, sex, etc as well as the 'settings' or stored values you have detailed
I would think you need to keep all rows which belong to the all the customers you want to keep in the database
The EntityId is the key for the particular attribute. In the case of a customer it is the Customer record ID.

Have you tried shrinking your database to get rid of unused space
4 years ago
I had a custom plugin that accidentally made several thousand rows in that table. I removed the unnecessary rows. I have shared hosting through Everleap. How do I shrink a database?
4 years ago
Using a tool like SSMS, this example uses DBCC SHRINKDATABASE to decreases the size of the database named Sample, allowing for 10 percent free space:

DBCC SHRINKDATABASE (Sample , 10);
GO

However, "several thousand rows " is not a lot.  The space will be used automatically as new data gets added to your database.  I do not recommend you shrink the DB, as it can cause other issues (fragmentation).
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.