nop 4.20 ...error http Error 500.19 on local machine again ....help!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Good morning,
i'm trying to install nopcommerce 4.20 web(no source) on local machine with windows 10 x64, IIS 10, .NET Core runtime 2.2 and SQL server 2014 but when i run it with webmatrix 3.0 i have always HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error on web.config configuration file.

I've read many articles, threads, videos but i cant find the correct solution of my problem.
Untill nop 3.90 i have no problem, it install and run correctly.
Also if i try to install on local the 3.90 version and then upgrade to 4.00 i have the same error 500.19.
I need to install 4.20 on local because i want to make some internal tests before ask to upgrade nop on hosting, now i'm stuck on 3.80 version.
Where is my error? :)
Maybe is there another way to install and run on local pc the 4.20 version?

I see also the difference between the zipped files in the 3.90 version and the next version(4.00....4.10....) see the attachments.... is it correct or is a problem of my unzip program?
3.90 files

4.20 files

thank you very much. :)
4 years ago
trying to resend the attached images...

nopcBBC wrote:

I see also the difference between the zipped files in the 3.90 version and the next version(4.00....4.10....) see the attachments.... is it correct or is a problem of my unzip program?
3.90 files

4.20 files

4 years ago
Instead of using webmatrix, you can follow this documentation.
4 years ago
Yes of course the files structures are different - 3.9 and 4.0 are asp.net and 4.1 and 4.2 are .Net Core

- Checking you have .Net Core 2.2. Installed - From https://docs.nopcommerce.com/user-guide/installing/technology-system-requirements.html

- Check the Server System and Webserver (IIS) event logs in windows event viewer

- Check the IIS Logs usually in C:\inetpub\logs\LogFiles
You need to look at the correct log created for your website
One way I do it is to
- stop your webserver in IIS
- then start it again
- open the website in a browser
- then a new log file should be created - look in that file
4 years ago
You can run the 4.20 no source app by just dbl-clicking the Nop.Web.exe file in file explorer.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.