Important changes on our marketplace

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
RE:  "... does not guarantee that customer won’t get virus/malware etc. Because vendors can upload anything they want on their websites. ..."

I agree.  If some 'protection' is needed, then the team should consider doing some type of CRC or hash of the .dll file(s) and provide ability in the plugin page to check/verify it.
4 years ago
nop4you wrote:
First of all, we have doubts about rules related with existing plugins. If vendor has 10 plugins, deadline is ok. But what about vendors who has 50/60 and more extensions? It will consume the most of the working days in January. What about rest of duties that vendors do each day, like projects, new development? Product description changes won’t bring vendors money, but require big efforts. It’s not about the cosmetic change, so in our opinion, the time in which we should adapt our products has to be longer than one month.

For big vendors like nop4you we're ready to extend the deadline. Please email me to discuss it

nop4you wrote:
The second part is related with themes. What is the reason to get PSD files?
we don’t understand the requirement about sharing source code of plugins

We're decided to ask for PSD because of the recent accidents with copying (actually, stealing) themes of other vendors. Please note that other ecommerce systems also ask for PSD.
BTW, it's also one of the reasons why we ask for source code of extensions. We can always check if it was copied (disassembly) from some other vendors.
4 years ago
nopAdvance.com wrote:
1. Can you rest us assured that the reviews are only done by nopCommerce official team and you are not outsourcing it to any other company / person / solution partner?
2. Source code of a product is very critical and sensitive information

Absolutely. Only by nopCommerce team. Furthermore, now I personally check it. So only I have access to it.

nopAdvance.com wrote:
3...we never designed a PSD but in some cases we designed PSD's too. What can be done here?

You can create PSD for the home page only
4 years ago
Hey Andrei,

Thank you for answering. I am satisfied by both answers, to us and to nop4you. But, still I have some positive concerns about data security policy.
You can't manage it all every time. How do other platforms do this?
Besides, how will nopCommerce guarantee to protect our data as a general policy for everyone?

Best Regards,
Atul
4 years ago
Hello,
We will be Glad to see the improvement in the nopCommerce MarketPlace but we have some Question regarding to it.
As per the above conversation we have some serious Question.
1. According to nopCommerce in which category do we belong, Small Vendors or Big Vendors? If we belong to Small vendors we need to submit all our Extensions and Themes before 1st Feb'2020 and if we belong to Big Vendors we can get the extended for some days to submit our products.
(Suggestions: If Vendors are doing any kind of changes with their extension then that particular extension is getting disappeared from the MarketPlace, instead of that Plugin should appear in the MarketPlace without the reflection of the changes. Once changes are approved replace it with the old one, so at least our plugin is visible at the market place. Now it like we have to wait for 48 hours/24 hours to get approved and Visible on MarketPlace, so for that time period our sales goes down to 0. This Loss goes for every Vendor.  Eg: PlayStore edited Applications.
2. We would like to see the Agreement with nopCommerce Stamp and the Signature of the concern person for the Source Code of the Extensions we are sharing with nopCommerce(Which is not been shared with anyone or been leaked from nopCommerce Side or been given to any solution partners / anyone for the review, only the concern person of nopCommerce team should do it).

Thanks & Regards
Jatin
4 years ago
a.m. wrote:
3...we never designed a PSD but in some cases, we designed PSD too. What can be done here?
You can create PSD for the home page only

I cannot remember when designers sent me a PSD last time. It seems that Sketch and Zeplin are more popular. Could you also review the designs in those editors? I think, Zeplin is a bit easier since it has online viewer.
4 years ago
nopAdvance.com wrote:
You can't manage it all every time...

I can =)))

nopAdvance.com wrote:
Besides, how will nopCommerce guarantee to protect our data as a general policy for everyone

Could you please be more specific? If we're talking about source code and have some concerns, then do not specify the direct link to download source code. For example, you can just grant "read" access to my personal GitHub account. This way you can be sure that only I have access to it.
4 years ago
forefront wrote:
1. According to nopCommerce in which category do we belong, Small Vendors or Big Vendors?

I would say that big vendors have 50+ extensions on our marketplace

forefront wrote:
2. We would like to see the Agreement with nopCommerce Stamp and the Signature of the concern person for the Source Code of the Extensions we are sharing with nopCommerce

Of course, I'm ready to sign it. Please email me text of the agreement you want to have
4 years ago
ilich_x86 wrote:
I cannot remember when designers sent me a PSD last time. It seems that Sketch and Zeplin are more popular. Could you also review the designs in those editors? I think, Zeplin is a bit easier since it has online viewer.

Sure, it's also OK. We just want to be sure that a vendor is the original author of a submitted theme. And it's not stolen
4 years ago
hi Andrei, we will also send our NDA (none disclosure agreement) to you to sign.
we assume the code send to nopSolution will be well protected, in addition, nopSolution should not use the code in your own development.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.