Moved to SSL cart wont load

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hi there
Version 4.2
Ive recently moved my test site to a live url and turned on SSL. Everything loads ok, but the shopping cart does not work. if you try to add a product to the cart or click on the shopping cart :

You get the error
" We're sorry, an internal error occurred. Our supporting staff has been notified of this error and will address the issue shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try clicking your browsers 'back' button or try reloading the home page. If you continue to receive this message, please try again in a little while."

Ive set the error message in web.confg so i can see details but the file is huge ! I am lost !

any idea what i should look for in the error log?

Thank you for your help
4 years ago
I saw you other posts about the Store URL - did you fix that - or mabye this error is caused by that  ?
Whats the last thing in the web.confg stdout log ?
Can you go to Admin - Also look in the System Log
yourwebsite.com/Admin/Log/List
4 years ago
hi there
i changed the store url to the correct url (im still testing) but its getting near to launch !
where would I find the :  web.confg stdout log ?

When I look in the admin section i.e. here : yourwebsite.com/Admin/Log/List - there are no logs atall.

Im also looking in my server files at  \ wwwroot \ Logs \ is that the correct place to find errors? but here the files are like 6mb...
4 years ago
Yes that is the log file location
Stop the IIS webserver
Delete all the stdout_*.log files in \wwwroot \Logs
Restart the webserver
Goto the Shoping Cart yourwebsite.com/cart
A file should be created - look in that file at the end

The other thing is if it was working fine before you turned on SSL
Turn SSL off and check if its working now
4 years ago
toadman wrote:
hi there
i changed the store url to the correct url (im still testing) but its getting near to launch !
where would I find the :  web.confg stdout log ?

When I look in the admin section i.e. here : yourwebsite.com/Admin/Log/List - there are no logs atall.

Im also looking in my server files at  \ wwwroot \ Logs \ is that the correct place to find errors? but here the files are like 6mb...

As far as I know, no, it's not in \wwwroot\Logs\ . It's at \logs\ at the root folder, so you should see \logs\ at the same level as \wwwroot\.

4 years ago
i believe the issue was a temp failing. I had items in the shopping cart before i moved from not http to https
i cleared these cart items and its started to work. it took a lot of restarting the site to get this to happen. thanks for all the replies
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.