.NET Core or .NET Framework for version 4.00

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hi,
Can someone at Nop please confirm what .NET version is used in version 4.00, as the technical requirements are somewhat contradictory.

Thanks in advance

ChrisP
4 years ago
.net framework 4.6.1
<TargetFramework>net461</TargetFramework>
From the Release Notes:
All projects should target .NET Framework 4.6.1 and not .NET Core. We plan to use .NET Core only when EF Core team starts supporting all ORM functionality from the classic Entity Framework 6 (based on .NET Framework 4.6.1). Such as lazy loading, etc (they plan to do it in Q1-Q2 2018). That’s the only reason why we still use Entity Framework 6 (based on .NET Framework 4.6.1)
4 years ago
Hi Yidna,
Thanks for the prompt reply. I had assumed that was the case, but the tech specs in documentation state:

For nopCommerce 4.00. Install .NET Core Window Server hosting runtime

Hence some slight confusion. I have Nop 4.0 installed on a hosted server, but it keeps crashing, so needed to confirm the requirements.

Regards,
ChrisP
4 years ago
These are the AppPool Settings I have

Are you getting anything in the IIS Logs typically in C:\inetpub\logs\LogFiles
Or also look in the Windows Event Logs - System and Application
4 years ago
Hi Yidna,

I have only access to the hosted site through Plesk, so limited information. Nothing is showing in the IIS logs. The site was back up again this evening, but when I tried to install the NopCommerce Australia Post plugin, it crashed again. The only log entry is the last entry, with an error code of 500 and GET /Admin/Plugin/List - HTTP/1.1

Looking at the ASP.NET configuration of the server, I see it is running Framework 4.8.3761 - could this cause problems with Nop v4.00?

All these problems started when I tried to install the Australia Post API plugin from Paul at BricksnWeb. Up until then, the site had been stable, but as soon as I tried to refresh the plugin list after copying his plugin to the plugins folder, the site crashed, and has been giving trouble ever since. I have been talking to him, but no solution.

Regards,
Chris P
4 years ago
Dont know if that version has an effect
Sounds like the plugin is the problem
Can you uninstall it ?
Have you tried clearing the Cache and Restart the Application
If there is still a problem not sure there is a way to delete the plugin without going into the backend
If you dont have access you may need Hosting support to go in an delete the Shipping.AustraliaPost directory from plugins
4 years ago
Hi Yidna,
Thanks for all that. I do have access to the file system through the Plesk portal, and have been able to delete the plugin and the bin folder entry. The first time I did that, all was well, but the second time I tried to install an amended version of the plugin, the site still kept crashing.

You mention clearing the cache - not quite sure how to do that.

What is the most stable current version of Nop? I tried installing v4.2 originally, but couldn't get it to work.  I have been trying to get my site running for six months now, having lost my v3.8 site due to problems with the previous hosting provider.

If I decide to rebuild the site again using 4.00, would it be safer to change the server Framework version to 4.6.1?

Sorry for all the questions,
Regards,
ChrisP
4 years ago
If you restart the website application it will clear the cache
Or alternatively in the top right hand corner of admin is a Clear Cache link (which is used for just data changes) and Restart Application links

As you have noted there seams to be a problem with that plugin
Restart the web server and try again.

RE Best version:
Which plugin are you using ? there is a version for v4.0 in the market place which says it is by the nopCommerce team so I would have thought it should be fine See https://www.nopcommerce.com/shipping-plugin-for-australia-post-nopcommerce-team (if not maybe you contact the nop Team?)

Alternatively the v4.2 plugin is there - which has recenlty been built by an Aussi
https://www.nopcommerce.com/shipping-plugin-for-australia-post
See https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/topic/71690/australia-post-plugin-for-nop-420

If you are still having issues and are going to rebuild then I would be going with nop Version 4.2 with the new plugin, althoug not having use the plugin I can only assume it is good
4 years ago
Thanks again for your help. Yes, the Nop Australia Post plugin did work the first time I tried it, but it is no longer being updated for v4.00, which is why I tried the other one. Unfortunately, when I tried to go back to the Nop plugin it too crashed the site....
Cheers,
ChrisP

PS Do you do web site development? If so, how can I contact you?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.