install nopcommerce in subdirectory

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Can someone please tell me how to install nopcommerce into subdirectory? if it helps, I use version 4.2 and use godaddy for domain and hosting service.  Thanks in advance.
4 years ago
Do you mean in the subdirectory or another website ?
4 years ago
in the subdirectory. For example i have a site (www.abc.com). I want to install nopcommerce in (www.abc.com/store).  Thank you for replying.
4 years ago
nurbusesen wrote:
in the subdirectory. For example i have a site (www.abc.com). I want to install nopcommerce in (www.abc.com/store).  Thank you for replying.

1. create your subdirectory using FTP or the hosting control panel's file manager.
2. go to IIS management(under content tab) and create a new virtual directory by clicking the "Create Button".
3. Enter your new directory name, and make sure to check the box for "set application root". Hit Ok.
4. FTP nopCommerce up to your new directory and follow the normal installation.

I try this way but it didn't work. I didn't see  "set application root" box to check. In fact, this method doesn't even open a simple index.html file.
4 years ago
Yes dont think it is possible
Just make you eCommerce website store.abc.com
Add a link to goto the Store i.e. link to store.abc.com
4 years ago
If I'm understanding correctly, if you're on Windows/IIS and have access to the server then you can save the files wherever you want and make the base URL whatever.  If you want it in url/store then you would create a virtual directory and specify the path.

In your site's basic settings:

If you're on shared hosting then it's probably not possible as previously suggested though.
4 years ago
Godaddy hosting does not support .netCore 2.2.  Nopcommerce 4.2 version wants .netCore2.2. So that's my problem, actually (godaddy). Thanks a lot again for your help.
4 years ago
Ah, can you upgrade to their Virtual Private Server plan so you can install whatever you like?  Or move to Azure?  Of course, those are going to be more expensive.
4 years ago
af1racing wrote:
Ah, can you upgrade to their Virtual Private Server plan so you can install whatever you like?  Or move to Azure?  Of course, those are going to be more expensive.

Yes now I use azure and my nopcommerce works fine :) . And yes more expensive than others.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.