Plugin Build Process - Very Inconsistent

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
I have read every piece of documentation I can find on the build process, specifically as it relates to plugin development.

I am running Visual Studio 2019 and Nopcommerce 4.2. I have taken the Facebook external auth plugin and am re-purposing it to be an OpenId provider.  That is its own set of challenges but the most problematic issue is the time it takes me just to test things.

I have set:

<CopyLocalLockFileAssemblies>true</CopyLocalLockFileAssemblies>

To true, yet anytime I rebuild the solution, the /Plugins/ folder within the Nop.Web app does not get updated with the latest changes. In order for it to work I have to:

1. Clean the entire solution
2. Rebuild *just* the plugin project in question
3. Build the rest of the solution
4. Proceed

Has anyone come up with any solutions to making this whole plugin process less painful?
4 years ago
I've not run across that problem, but what I do to speed up builds is to only enable build of the plugin I'm working on.  I will first rebuild entire solution, and then right-click the solution, Properties, Configuration Properties, Configuration:  uncheck Build for all except the one plugin.
4 years ago
Same, All I do is right mouse click build on the plugin project I am working on
It rebuilds and copies to /Plugins/ folder
Then I run the debuger (Click II Express)

What version VS you have as there have been lots of problems with different versions crashing and running slow over the last few months.
I am running 16.4.3 which seems reasonably ok at the moment

Also maybe check the project files are the latest
4 years ago
Thanks for the info guys. I am going to try the plugin-project-only build option and see how that goes.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.