Removing Unused Languages

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
I noticed when building the code locally in this folder:

\Nop.Web\bin\[debug or release]\

There are about 30 folders each with a Humanizer.resources.dll file in them.  I am only using a single language so I'd like to get rid of the ones I am not using. I looked into project.assets.json and I'm a little nervous about editing it manually. Is there an easy way to get rid of all of them except for English?
4 years ago
Would also like to know this.   See you didn't get an answer - did you delete them without error?
4 years ago
FYI: I just blasted the folders and so far no ill effects
4 years ago
You can prevent to generate those culture folders. Check this post on StackOverflow
3 years ago
can i just delete those folders from my wwwroot folder 1 time?? will it again generated? or it will only generate while building the project

awaiting reply
3 years ago
Thank you mhsjaber, here is a summary what worked for me
for those who are also annoyed with the arrogance* of many unused languages resource folders cluttering the main folder of a running website caused by the Humanizer package,
you can get rif of them adding this line to /Presentation/Nop.Web.csproj file, you can insert this into the first <PropertyGroup> section anywhere:
    <SatelliteResourceLanguages>en;de</SatelliteResourceLanguages>    

List only the needed languages, separate them with semicolons.

*Dear Humanizer developers, why can't these resources behave politely in some subfolder?
3 years ago
Yes you can delete the folders not being used in the bin and root directories. Just remember that if you do, in your language settings be sure to only have the language selected for the specific one your using.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.