A generic error occurred in GDI+.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Here is the following error I'm thrown:

Server Error in '/' Application.

A generic error occurred in GDI+.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: A generic error occurred in GDI+.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+.]
   System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams) +461268
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Media.PictureManager.GetPictureUrl(Picture picture, Int32 targetSize, Boolean showDefaultPicture) +2458
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Media.PictureManager.GetPictureUrl(Int32 imageId, Int32 targetSize, Boolean showDefaultPicture) +70
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.ManufacturersPage.DlManufacturers_OnItemDataBound(Object sender, DataListItemEventArgs e) +345
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.OnItemDataBound(DataListItemEventArgs e) +8696274
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) +152
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +488
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +64
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.DataBind() +55
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.ManufacturersPage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +147
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.BaseNopPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +88
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1
13 years ago
UPDATE:

That copy and pasted error message was a little hard on the eyes.

Here is a screenshot of the real thing:

http://www.marioplanet.com/screenshot.png
13 years ago
Will be because the correct permission aren't set on the images directory. https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/2358/gdi-error-after-installation-when-tryign-to-access-default-page.aspx
13 years ago
Hey thanks for the help!  Sorry I didn't realize it was a repeat question.

Can I change this via the admin section?
13 years ago
So, can I fix this through the nopCommerce admin section at all?
13 years ago
qcom wrote:
So, can I fix this through the nopCommerce admin section at all?

No, you should give required write permissions as described here
13 years ago
OK, sorry, that's pretty much what Skiltz said.

Thanks.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.