Modifying nopCommerce 1.8 for Reservations & Booking System (Hotel Rooms)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

Would really appreciate a few pointers if anyone can spare the time.

I am modifying nopCommerce 1.8 (ASP.Net 4.0 Framework) to handle Reservations of Hotel Rooms. Two primary pieces of functionality I need to add are:

[1] A detailed search (check box and drop down based) that will return all rooms that are available along with the calculated price based on the arrival and departure dates (features such as Pool View, Deck, Family Suite can be selected via checkbox, budget would be a drop down [examples: up to $200 per night, up to $300 per night etc]).

[2] If dates are specified, all listed rooms returned in grid to show the calculated price. If no dates are specified, just the per night rate is displayed (current date). Rates vary across 4 seasons and can be different for each room.

[3] When user selects a particular room, this shows as a single product with the calculated rate (price) based on dates, or the standard night rate (current date) if the dates are not specified. Hence displayed price needs to be dynamic and calculated (rather than selected from nopProductVariant table).

I have written the above logic in VB to test (with MS Access queries) and all works as intended (obviously outside of nopCommerce). Queries I can build and adapt into SQL Server, but my question is how to go about adding to / or modifying nopCommerce to handle this functionality?

I am still not familiar with the concept of a VS Project and assume I need VS (Visual Studio Pro) 10 to recompile any changes? I note that some changes require a recomplile and some don't (still don't know what determines whether a recompile is needed). I am experienced in VB and JavaScript, hence C# looks OK to me and I should be able to transpose my code into C#. My guess is that nop has a number of functions or controls that I could possbly pas my data to (that I am not be aware of) - just don't want to go reinventing the wheel and doing anything unnecessary.

Has anybody any in depth info they would be happy to share with me? I guess I need to really get under the bonnet of nopCommerce to make my desired changes and am just looking for some direction to help me get underway.

As nopCommerce has so many other desirable features; it looks quicker for me to modify nopCommerce than start from scratch with my specific requirements (as my site needs secure login, reviews, reward points, forum, secure checkout etc).

Thanks in advance if anybody can help or provide any guidance.

Regards,
Andrew
13 years ago
I'm not sure how you go about doing this, but you can see the following topic about adding rental/booking features to nopCommerce.
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/6627/feature-request-renting-booking-tools.aspx
13 years ago
Hi,

We were working on project like this. Check our services here

http://sibertek.net/services.aspx
13 years ago
Hi Danil,

Thanks for your post. Can you please get in touch via email at [email protected] so we can review how you want the requirement specified and so I can get a quotation for the work?

Thanks.

Regards,
Andrew
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.