Plugin data is lost after hosting environment is changed from local server to live server.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hello Nop Team, I am facing an issue while publishing my Nopcommerce project to a live environment server, as it losses all the customization and configuration settings data of plugins, even the plugins itself, so is there any way to sort out this issue. I have configured Nop template's Pavilion theme and i have done a lot of customization in it, so for this I wants to preserve its customization any help regards to this issue will be appreciated.
4 years ago
NopCommerce saves configuration values in database. So if your database for local and live environment are different, then you have to re-configure for live also.
4 years ago
yes i have a different database for both local and live, and as u said "NopCommerce save configurations values in database", but where can i find these configurations in my database..? and how to restore them into my live database...?
4 years ago
It saves in Setting table by Name-Value pair. For example, for PdfSettings, here is the saved format (SettingClassName.PropertyName) in database.

Setting class:
public class PdfSettings : ISettings
{
    public int LogoPictureId { get; set; }

public bool LetterPageSizeEnabled { get; set; }

public bool RenderOrderNotes { get; set; }

public bool DisablePdfInvoicesForPendingOrders { get; set; }

public string FontFileName { get; set; }

public string InvoiceFooterTextColumn1 { get; set; }

public string InvoiceFooterTextColumn2 { get; set; }
}

In Setting table:

4 years ago
Thank you, and what about the plugins that i have installed and customized.. ? I have configured and customized Nop Template's Pavilion theme, I wants to preserve its customization settings,  so for this where can i find its customization settings data in NopCommerce database..?
4 years ago
If you customize in source code, then re-publish the project. If it's in configuration, then follow previous answer.
4 years ago
Ok thank you, for the help , i will check it..
4 years ago
I have lost all my customization for nop templates such as sliders, smart products, banners etc, and from admin panel it shows that plugin installed but its customization which i have done in my local server are not reflected. Any body has faced such issue ..? please guide me if i am doing things wrong.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.