Gift cards require manual activation

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Is the reason that gift cards require manual activation to prevent hackers from coming up with their own coupons using the same algorithm and stealing from the site? Is there any other reason(s) for the manual activation procedure?

If not, then is there a way to implement a hack proof gift card system that doesn't require manual activation by the store owner? I’m looking for high level ideas of how to make it work automatically without user intervention. I don't want to be tied to a desk to activate gift cards.. I want to be on the beach somewhere warm while my site rakes in the cash.
13 years ago
Go to admin area > Configuration > Global Setting, then 'Gift cards' tab. And set 'Activation order status' to 'Complete'
13 years ago
Ah, thanks! What's the reasoning behind the default? e.g. In what situations would someone want to manually activate a gift card rather than let it happen when the order is completed?
13 years ago
Perhaps, a store owner will want to moderate an entered comment text of purchased gift card. Anyway, we could always change it for your needs
13 years ago
What version was the Gift Card tab added to the Global Settings page?
13 years ago
gleake wrote:
What version was the Gift Card tab added to the Global Settings page?

nopCommerce 1.70 as I remember
13 years ago
For some reason I do not see the 'Gift Card' tab in the global setting...

Any ideas why?
9 years ago
For those looking for this option on the latest version, v3.40 as of this posting, you can find it in: Configuration -> Settings -> Order Settings. In the Order Settings tab there are two options you can set:

1. Gift card activation order status; and

2. Gift card deactivation order status
6 years ago
I am using nopcommerce 3.80. I have set order settungs-> Gift card activation order status = processing and complete two timnes. And after that, I have manuallly change the order status from admin panel to those for check. But, gift card is not activated.
TIA
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.