Google - Preemptive Pricing Disapproval - Product Attribute Combinations

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hi

We are struggling to get our product feed approved by Google - they are disallowing all products baecause of the Product Attribute Combinations and the fact that each attribute combination may have a different price. (Preemptive pricing disapproval)

e.g.  Imagine we have a single product Paint with 3 Attribute Combinations as below:

Product: Exterior Paint
Attribute Colour: Red
Attribute Size: 250ml
Price: £10

Attribute Colour: Blue
Attribute Size: 500ml
Price: £15

Attribute Colour: Green
Attribute Size: 750ml
Price £25

As the URL for product is the same for each Attribute Combination, Google is disallowing the products to be listed in Adwords as there is not a landing page for each Attribute Combination.

We have over a 1000 Product Attribute Combinations - creating separate pages for each is a) not really practical and b) not user friendly.  

But we really need to advertise on Adwords.  

How can I provide Google a seperate URL for each Product Attribute Combination that will load the product page with those attributes selected and consequently display the price that is in the feed we provide them?

Thanks in advance

Tony
------------------------------------------
Using current version Nopcommerce 4.20 - hosted on Azure
4 years ago
tonyduckett wrote:
How can I provide Google a seperate URL for each Product Attribute Combination that will load the product page with those attributes selected and consequently display the price that is in the feed we provide them?

It's not possible with default nopCommerce. As you said, query parameter is a good idea, but it requires some customization in ProductModelFactory.PrepareProductDetailsModel method.
3 years ago
Has anybody attempted to work around this issue? Seems like a huge oversight that is preventing anybody using attributes for their products from using Google ads. Would love to just be able to add ?size=XL to the URL and have the page pre-select that from the list. Google is rejecting many of our products for the mismatched data issue as well.
3 years ago
Same here, I think this an important issue...
2 years ago
Is really no one else using advertising products with combinations on Google Shopping, we have over 2000 products that are rejected because of the product mismatch...

Please someone help us!

Thank you.
2 years ago
How are you creating your feed?

Are you using ‘item_group_id’ for those particular products along with individual skus for each attribute?

Have a look at this plugin - a number of my clients use it successfully for Google shopping: https://www.foxnetsoft.com/nopfeedmanager
2 years ago
untiedshoes wrote:
How are you creating your feed?

Are you using ‘item_group_id’ for those particular products along with individual skus for each attribute?

Have a look at this plugin - a number of my clients use it successfully for Google shopping: https://www.foxnetsoft.com/nopfeedmanager

Yes I'm using the tag item_group_id, in fact, I am using that plugin with Rich Snippets plugin from him too, but still getting that result on Google Merchant.
2 years ago
Hi

We solved this using a combination of techniques.

1.  We added the query string parameters to the URLs submitted to google and then used those to load the product page with the right options selected on the page.  We did this using javascript in the AJAX calls on the page.

2.  We tested lots of pages in Googles Structured Data Testing tool to find out what attributes we were missing, and even worked with Foxnetsoft to get their plugin to address most of these.

3.  Spend lots of time looking at the errors that Google are reporting in the merchant centre - understand them and address them individually - there is no magic bullet for this one.

Thanks

Tony
2 years ago
tonyduckett wrote:
Hi

We solved this using a combination of techniques.

1.  We added the query string parameters to the URLs submitted to google and then used those to load the product page with the right options selected on the page.  We did this using javascript in the AJAX calls on the page.

2.  We tested lots of pages in Googles Structured Data Testing tool to find out what attributes we were missing, and even worked with Foxnetsoft to get their plugin to address most of these.

3.  Spend lots of time looking at the errors that Google are reporting in the merchant centre - understand them and address them individually - there is no magic bullet for this one.

Thanks

Tony

I think that is the main thing, that's at least what marketing guys are telling, but Foxnetsoft guy says with the item_group_id thing and the rich snippet should be ok, but at the moment we are not seeing it right.

Can you share in some way how can you achieve the first point?

Thank you so much.
2 years ago
Hi
I will IM you

Thanks

Tony
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.