Product requiring other Product(s) - need some assistance

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
For a Product (Product-A) that requires another Product (Product-B) from a collection that is constrained based -on what Product-A is, is there a way to show only the constrained list ( for the required product ) when Product-A has been selected.

Simple made up example :  Product-A is a pair of shoes - Required  Product-B is shoe-laces.
Shoe-laces come in 10 styles  (Product-B)
Depending on the style of shoe (Product-A), maybe only 4 of these shoe-laces are allowed.

Customer clicks on that shoe model and on the detail page for that shoe, I would like to be able to show or somehow indicate the 4 types of shoe-laces allowed for that shoe.  Preferably with the image/description of those 4 types of shoe-laces.

I do have the Product-A items set as "Require other products" true.

many thanks in advance
4 years ago
Hello,

Shoe-laces come in 10 styles = Product attribute. And nopCommerce is not work like you want. it will require some customization. or else you can use product attribute for product A instead adding other product as require product. just add all laces as attribute in product A. customer will select it.

Hope the idea will work.

Thanks,
Jatin
4 years ago
Thanks for this info Jatin  - I'll definitely give that a try before I try to customize the base source code.
:)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.