Creating package pricing

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
I cannot figure out how to create a package. Using 4.20
I have two items sold individually. What I want to do is combine them into a package with a lower retail.
I tried Group but it does not configure for price.
I tried Require Other Products but when they add to cart the items add at the individual retail PLUS the package price.
Must be missing something....
4 years ago
I created a Product Attribute called "Grouped Item".

Then for your parent Package product you can add as many "Grouped Item" attributes as you need for each child product, and set them to use the "Associated to product" setting.

Finally, under "Attribute Combinations" you can set the overriden price to be different than their sum.

If you want the customer to be able to pick and choose items to make their own package you can use regular checkboxes, however, I would not recommend this for more than say 4 or 5 child items MAX as the combinations grow as 2^n.  

4 years ago
Thanks, that has worked for my immediate needs of DTC.
It wasn't that intuitive so appreciate the direction.
I run a B2B site and the price override does not have tiered pricing based on customer role so not so convenient at that level.
4 years ago
Conducted Sales wrote:
I run a B2B site and the price override does not have tiered pricing based on customer role so not so convenient at that level.

I am unsure of your specific requirements, but have you looked at using the "Must be assigned to customer role" plugin?  

I setup my resellers with it so they get their tier discount from retail.  If you're operating on cost+ basis then I'm sure it's possible to write a plugin to handle that use case as well, but I've not looked into it.

4 years ago
My situation is unique in that I am a manufacturer/distributor rep and the pricing on a product is managed by channel and target market price.
Not to worry too much as package pricing is primarily a "retail" initiative. As you note, if the need gets big enough I can look at a plugin solution.
Thanks.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.