Avalara Tax for 4.20 - can't get it to work and Avalara support no help

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Recently upgraded to nopCommerce 4.2, signed up for an Avalara account and attempted to get the included plugin to work.  Couldn't get it to work, spent over an hour with Avalara technical support who finally gave up and said I should look through the forums here for a solution.

The plugin installs fine, I enter Account ID and License Key but Company won't change from "There are no active companies".  I've tried reinstalling the plugin, restarting the application, requesting a different license key but nothing fixes the problem and Avalara doesn't know why.  Anyone have a similar experience?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.
4 years ago
Plugin is working now.

A question for nopCommerce developers of this plugin - is there a more current version than 2.5?  Step 2 of enabling the plugin is, "Log in at the production service or at the development service".  Both the links to the production service and development service are old links that take you to 404 pages.  Avalara had little knowledge of nopCommerce nor development of the plugin included in 4.20 but deferred the problems I was having to the development of the plugin.
4 years ago
basonista wrote:

Both the links to the production service and development service are old links that take you to 404 pages.

Hi.
There is a work item for this issue.
4 years ago
Thank you, RomanovM.  If it's helpful, I had to reinstall the plugin twice in a few days because it was crashing the website on the shopping cart.  The log shows nearly 200,000 of these pairs of errors concerning Avalara:

Error 1 - Avalara tax provider - No response from the service.  Viewing the log entry shows "builtin@search_engine_record.com" trying to go to a product page, not the shopping cart.

Error 2 - Avalara tax provider error. InvalidAddress - The address value was incomplete.
Details: The address value ShipTo was incomplete. You must provide either a valid postal code, line1 + city + region, or line1 + postal code.  Viewing the log entry again shows "builtin" trying to go to the same product page as in Error 1.

Full message of error 2:
Avalara.AvaTax.RestClient.AvaTaxError: Exception of type 'Avalara.AvaTax.RestClient.AvaTaxError' was thrown.
   at Avalara.AvaTax.RestClient.AvaTaxClient.RestCallStringAsync(String verb, AvaTaxPath relativePath, Object content, CallDuration cd)
   at Avalara.AvaTax.RestClient.AvaTaxClient.RestCallAsync[T](String verb, AvaTaxPath relativePath, Object content)
   at Avalara.AvaTax.RestClient.AvaTaxClient.RestCall[T](String verb, AvaTaxPath relativePath, Object content)
   at Avalara.AvaTax.RestClient.AvaTaxClient.CreateTransaction(String include, CreateTransactionModel model)
   at Nop.Plugin.Tax.Avalara.Services.AvalaraTaxManager.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<CreateTaxTransaction>b__0()
   at Nop.Plugin.Tax.Avalara.Services.AvalaraTaxManager.HandleRequest[T](Func`1 request)

The plugin is disabled until there is a fix or I try to cancel the service.

I hope this helps!
Glenn
4 years ago
basonista wrote:

Error 2 - Avalara tax provider error. InvalidAddress - The address value was incomplete.

What are your "Tax based on" and "Tax origin address" settings under Tax settings?
4 years ago
Tax based on "Shipping address"
Default tax category "NY State Sales Tax"
4 years ago
"Tax Origin Address" isn't available on my Tax settings page.  Only "Tax based on", "Default tax category" and checkbox for "Tax based on pickup point address."
4 years ago
"Tax origin address" setting is only visible when Avalara tax plugin installed and marked as a primary provider. Depending on the value of this setting, correctly fill in either shipping origin address under Shipping settings or default tax address under Tax settings.
In case the site visitor does not have shipping address (the value of your "Tax based on" setting), the base address for tax calculation will be filled from "Tax Origin Address" value.
And then such errors with an incorrect address should not appear.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.