Find bugs in nopCommerce 4.30 BETA and earn $10

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
MY STUPIDITY FOLKS!

Ok I neglected to set the IIS AppPool file permissions for the new version. I now have it running.
4 years ago
Hi,

Installed on the local computer.
Created a category and a product.
Assigned a product category.
In the admin part - everything is visible: category, product, page addresses, etc.
On the site, by clicking on the category link - the category page was not found.
If to create a topic - the topic works.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Установил на локальный компьютер.
Создал категорию и продукт.
Присвоил продукт категории.
В админ части - все видно: категорию, продукт, адреса страниц и т.д.
На сайте, при нажатии на ссылку категории - страница категории не найдена.
Если создать топик - топик работает.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Regards, Vlad
4 years ago
vladundhanna, I had a similar issue in previous version when populating that database directly rather than via the designed Admin section. I neglected to realise that friendly URL's are created by the system and needed for the links to function.
Look in your database for a table named UrlRecord and check that a value was written there that corresponds to your Category. If one is not there create it and restart the application in IIS.
4 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
vladundhanna, I had a similar issue in previous version when populating that database directly rather than via the designed Admin section. I neglected to realise that friendly URL's are created by the system and needed for the links to function.
Look in your database for a table named UrlRecord and check that a value was written there that corresponds to your Category. If one is not there create it and restart the application in IIS.

Hi
Everything is fine in the database. There are addresses.
4 years ago
Sorry that didn't help vladundhanna.
In my case, one think I notice is that in 4.2 when I selected a category I saw all products in that category, along with the subcategories and products therein. Now, it shows the product count within each level of category/sub-category but no products until you reach the sub category where the item is related. I guess this was one of the moves taken to speed up loading  albeit it results in more page views which of course could prove beneficial in SEO terms.
The only other wild card I can throw in is, when you mouse over the category link can you see the intended URL at the bottom left of your screen? If not then it would seem there is no link.
4 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Sorry that didn't help vladundhanna.
In my case, one think I notice is that in 4.2 when I selected a category I saw all products in that category, along with the subcategories and products therein. Now, it shows the product count within each level of category/sub-category but no products until you reach the sub category where the item is related. I guess this was one of the moves taken to speed up loading  albeit it results in more page views which of course could prove beneficial in SEO terms.
The only other wild card I can throw in is, when you mouse over the category link can you see the intended URL at the bottom left of your screen? If not then it would seem there is no link.

Thank you for trying to help! :-)
4 years ago
Not sure that this is a bug or my lack of understanding, but consider this:
In Category name "Mens Riding Wear" and Category Search Engine Friendly Name mens-riding-wear.
It shows Picture with ID 4469 being related to this category.
The Picture record shows
4469  image/png  mens-riding-wear  Mens Riding Wear Riding Gear  Mens Riding Wear Riding Gear  True  NULL
The UrlRecord states
976  44  Category  mens-riding-wear-riding-gear  True  0
The image is named " 0004469_mens-riding-wear_450.png" and does appear in the browser at images/thumbs etc
The error is that in Category riding-gear all subcategories such as Mens Riding Gear show the default "No Image"
Any suggestions as to what is causing the failure of these images to show?
4 years ago
Export Products to Excel does not work. The XML download worked as expected.
4 years ago
4.3 works fine if I install on old server 2016 that is hosting current 4.2 site.
If I install on Windows server 2016 fresh install, and the .net and core recommended for 4.3 are installed I get this error.
If I comment out the modules section, site works fine, and amazing speed BTW. Thank you team for your great work.

Detailed Error Information:
Module     IIS Web Core
Notification     BeginRequest
Handler     Not yet determined
Error Code     0x80070021
Config Error     This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false".

Config Source:
    3:   <system.webServer>
    4:     <modules>
    5:       <!-- Remove WebDAV module so that we can make DELETE requests -->
4 years ago
I stand corrected! I just went to comment out the modules as recommended by Amen and saw the file had downloaded. It was just VERY slow. It is only 725kb so not a big file.
This is on a Virtual Server with Windows 2019 and only 2 cores and 8gb ram. Nothing else is running on the box it is exclusively for nopCommerce 4.30 beta with SQL server(SQL Express 15.0.2000)  I may need to increase the resources which I planned to do when it went live.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.