how virtual gift card works ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Can anyone explain me how this virtual gift card product works ?

I did a test by purchasing a gift card, fill out all the information and did the checkout.

Now where is the gift card code or number that can be used by anyone on website? who get that code and where ? I checked the recipient e-mail also (my e-mail) that i provided while filling out details of gift card but nothing there.
13 years ago
Hi,

you'll need to proceed into the administration panel under : Sales -> Purchased gift cards.

It will send a e-mail with the code ;)
13 years ago
It will send e-mail with code to whom ? The person (customer) who purchased the card OR the recipient whose e-mail address was mentioned while purchasing the card ?

AND

who will activate the card ? The store owner will activate the card or when the card holder will use the card, it will activate the card automatically ?
13 years ago
The purchaser will receive an e-mail with confirmation payment and the recipient will receive an e-mail with the code and something else.

ex :

You have received a gift card for NopCommerce Axial Test

Dear PL,

claudine (claudine@*********.com) has sent you a $25.00 (CAD) gift cart for NopCommerce Axial Test

You gift card code is 7**4fd**3-9**5

ceci est un message test d'achat de certificat.

----------------------

The store owner will need to activate the card and i'm not sure if the e-mail is sent automtically but, you have a button in the "activation process" to send a e-mail to the recipient ;)
13 years ago
thank you
4 years ago
I just ran into this same problem.  Order is marked as completed, but gift card recipient never gets the gift card email.  SMTP works fine (order emails are sent).
Looks like this is still an issue with NC4.2

Any ideas?
4 years ago
beefydog wrote:
Order is marked as completed

Key steps matter!
Have you configured gift cards settings (checked checkbox for activation)?
Have you marked order by manual action or completed was done by background nopCommerce action? (mark order as paid, add shipping if require)?

Regards,
Tom
4 years ago
Hi,

I am using 4.10 and am having difficulty with the Virtual Gift Cards.

I have created one in the back end but there is no option to enter a virtual gift card code when going through the sales cart.

Is there an option to create this in the front end?

Thanks,
Will
4 years ago
wmorrogh wrote:
there is no option to enter a virtual gift card code when going through the sales cart.

The most probably you have disabled gift cards (setting "Show gift card box").

wmorrogh wrote:
Is there an option to create this in the front end?

To create gift card? Just need to made complete steps with ordering one. But if you hide box, it will not help :).

Regards,
Tom
4 years ago
Thanks very much Tom
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.