upgrade to 1.20 not working in Administration

10 years ago

"Invalid Webresource.axd parameters being generated"

Microsoft reports this as a Bug.

Yes, I am using windows Vista with Ex8, but IE7 XP shows same.

I reinstalled, doubled checked permissions, all good.

Im stumped.

10 years ago
I'm afraid it my box. Im getting the same error on a fresh nop2.0 install.

Time to retrace everything,.....

10 years ago

I was so determined to find this error but I was looking in the wrong direction the whole time.

I did a complete backup with reform on my box. Then installed 1.2 same error. Then installed 1.3 same error. Then created a new website same error, reinstalled asp3.5 same error, checked all permissions on my box same error, but I didn't think it could be be my hardware.

[u]It was in fact a hardware issue![/u] I am running WDDRT Open Source on my little blue wrt54gs.

The problem with WDDRT firmware is that if the power goes out...so do your settings. Can you actually believe this linux s%^t. But its way better than the stock linksucks firmware.

I knew this rare problem since Con Ed drops the power sometimes, as it has happened to me once before but I didn't think of this until 8 hours of coffee!

Router/Switch configured was configured correctly but wrt54g just reset incorrectly. She freezes needs a reboot.

I was pissed but I found the answer. Pay more than 20 bucks for a router/switch!

I opened up my stored Enterprise HP Procurve 48 monster port switch...Man problem way solved and them some!!!!!!!!!!!
The HP Procurve 48 Port Switch is the fastest switch ever. No ips configured just dhcp each port.......

and she's F%$%ing flying on the Internet now.

NOPCommerce store loads faster than a whore takes money...fast.

Oh, and all my problems are gone..for now.

So I guess this error can be attributed to a permissions issue from my hardware F&^ing with me half way.

That was the cause of the slow connection to my box.

Guess where this Linkcrap going.......?

Man I'm happy! I need more coffee.

The End! :)


wwddrt router had GMT+1 when my computers are GMT-5 whoops there it is! The reboot is really what helped.

UTC/GMT Offset Standard time zone: UTC/GMT -5 hours
Daylight saving time: +1 hour
Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT -4 hours
Time zone abbreviation: EDT - Eastern Daylight Time

Time DST started on Sunday, March 8, 2009 at 2:00 AM local standard time
DST ends on Sunday, November 1, 2009 at 2:00 AM local daylight time
See time changes/daylight saving time in other years
10 years ago
UPDATE: problem back and fixed fast.

Strangely the error (new one) was back in the admin section only.

Log type:  Administration Area  
Severity:  11  
Message:  Parameter is not valid.  
Exception:  System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid. at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Stream stream) at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Common.Media.PictureManager.ValidatePicture(Byte[] PictureBinary) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\Libraries\Nop.Common\Media\PictureManager.cs:line 351 at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Common.Media.PictureManager.InsertPicture(Byte[] PictureBinary, String Extension, Boolean IsNew) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\Libraries\Nop.Common\Media\PictureManager.cs:line 386 at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Administration.Modules.CategoryInfoControl.SaveInfo() in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\NopCommerceStore\Administration\Modules\CategoryInfo.ascx.cs:line 123 at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Administration.Modules.CategoryAddControl.SaveButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\NopCommerceStore\Administration\Modules\CategoryAdd.ascx.cs:line 48  

I traced this to the web servers (third) firewall.beethink.com

I since removed this firewall and edited my DNS not to respond to requests for certain ip blocks.

IE china is dos attacks non stop but now I just wont answer.

Anyhow, 2 fold fix:

The admin side loads lightning fast and no more errors which now can be attributed to a firewall which was only used to block ips Blacklist nothing more.  Now I just use DNS to block requests...some server resources are used but I can't be stopped. Any request 7 times or more is auto blocked forever. The fly trap. hehehe.

I hope anyone who has these ADMIN errors can attribute this to your local firewall (Not MS firewall)
My Linux wrt54gs with ddwrt is running fine with upgrade firmware micro version. :)