Did I miss anything when installation?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi Ben,

I downloaded v1.20 and unzipped it.

I then created an empty website named "myStore" in vs 2008.

I then copied  to the empty website "myStore" all files inside the folder named "NopCommerceStore" which is inside the folder "nopCommerce_1.20" .

Then I opened Default.aspx and run it. I then built myStore following the Wizard.

I am still constructing "myStore", it's not well done yet. But everthing goes smoothly.

Then I have a question:
I didn't copy other folders and files inside the root folder "nopCommerce_1.20" except for the folder named "NopCommerceStore" to myStore. Other folders and files include:
1. Dependencies,
2. Libraries,
3. Payment,
4. Shipping,
5. Tax,
6. NopCommerce.sln,
7. NopCommerce.suo, and
8. NopCommerce.vssscc

So what are these folders and files for? Do I need copy them to "myStore" ?

Best Regards,
Bill
14 years ago
Hello there,

It looks like you are using the version with the source code. Probably the correct way to be sure that you are havind all necessary folders published and no more is to use the version without the source code, which is also available on the web site for download.
14 years ago
hi,

open the solution in visual studio 2008, locate the "NopCommerceStore" project, right click on it and choose publish. this will build your app in a directory you choose and just upload the contents of that folder to your server.
14 years ago
Hi Imishkov and jkr,

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,
Bill
14 years ago
Hi jkr,

I opened the solution in VS 2008, locate the "NopCommerce", right clicked on it and chose "publish", but failed.
So I copied all folders and files outside the folder "NopCommerce" and pasted them inside the folder "NopCommerce".
There is a file named "web.config" outside the "NopCommerce" and another file also named "web.config" inside the "NopCommerce". When I did "copy and paste", I was asked to make a choice from the following 3 options:
1. overwrite the existing "web.config" inside the "NopCommerce",
2. do not copy the "web.config" outside the "NopCommerce" to inside, and
3. copy the "web.config" outside the "NopCommerce" to inside, change its name to "web(2).config" and save it.

If I chose the second option or the third option, and then published the website "NopCommerce", sucess. If I chose the first option and then publish the website "NopCommerce", failure.

My questions:
1. Did I do the right process to get job well done?
2. Should I choose the second option or the third option when copy the "web.config" outside the "NopCommerce" to inside?

Best Regards,
Bill
14 years ago
Hi,

you probably got an error on publish because there are 2 files missing (in App_Themes/darkOrange/), but despite the failed message the app is still published. so go into the published folder and copy those files.

you can also open/expand the App_Themes/darkOrange folder and remove the 2 files (or more if there are) that have a warning sign on them.

p.s. leave the web.config alone :) it will be in the published dir.
14 years ago
Hi jkr,

I really wanna watch the installation tutorial video. But here in China I cannot visit youtube because shameless China government block it. Really disappointing.

Best Regards,
Bill
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.