How to create/manage Topics in the Forum

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Sorry for the question, but I really do not understand the way to create topics in the Forum. I am able to create Forums, but do not know how to create topics. Is this from the CMS or somewhere else?
14 years ago
I still look for help with creating/managing topics in the forum. Please let me know how to do this. I have started to think that there is something wrong with my installation or something like this.

I will appreciate any help.
14 years ago
There are a number of pre created topics (e.g. About page) that are accessible by static links on the information panel.

To create your own physical pages you need to create the topic within administration and then add a Topic control to that page (see AboutUs.aspx to see how to do this).

Another (easier) way is to create a new topic within administration (Content Management > Topics).

Click "Add New" to add a new topic. Give your topic a name and click save. Go back to the topics page and click "Edit Topic Content" for the required topic in your chosen language.

Once you have saved the topic, the Topic URL field will display the hyperlink to this topic. You can then copy this and use it in product descriptions, forums etc. to link to your required topic.

Hope this helps,

Ben
14 years ago
Ben,

Thank you for your reply and sorry for the delay of my answer.

Obviously I was not clear in formulating my question. I am able to create Topics from the Administration (Content Management > Topics), but my problem is how to make the particular topic to appear in the particular Forum.

Lets presume that I have a Forum called Test and a Topic called TestForumTopic. I do not know how to make the Topic to appear under the forum called Test. Where (which page, control or...) do I need to add the Topic URL in order to achieve this?

I hope that now my question is clearer. Actually I am having problems not with creating the Topic for the Forum, but with providing this Topic to appear under a particular or the only one Forum you have on your web site.

I am sure you will be able to advice me how to do this.

Thank you.

Lyubo
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.