Paypal return URL for Paypal account with multiple sites

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
After a customer has paid with PayPal, the customer is sent back to nopCommerse with payment status. More specific: To the page with “return URL” sat up in the PayPal account.

A lot of nopCommerse users have multiple sites. Maybe a big storefront, and several simple coupon sites and blogs which also have order capability.

PayPal handles this, by allowing us to add separate “return URL”-parameter in the PayPal form value set going from our apps to PayPal like this:
<input type="hidden" name="notify_url" value="[YOURSITEURL_WHICH_HANDLES_IPN]">
<input type="hidden" name="return" value="[YOUR_SITE_URL_WHICH_HANDLES_RETURN_URL]">
<input type="hidden" name="_notify-synch:cmd" value="_notify-synch">\

This works only if your turn off the “hard” return URL sat in the PayPal account settings.
(Since now that information is supposed to follow the order information form, and is specific to each site connected to the common Paypal account)

Like you can see in the order form code above, this is easy to do.

The problem is that I can’t find any parameter in nopCommerse for the return URL.

Please help!

There are several discussions on the multiple return URL topic at PayPal forums, like this one:
Tread on forum
13 years ago
hovengen, did you get an answer on this one? I did find a string for the Paypal standard return URL in the function PostProcessPayment in Nop.Payment.PayPal.PayPalStandardPaymentProcessor.cs.

I have 2 stores using the same PayPal account and while using the same sandbox account for both of them, I was returned to the correct site after the paypal transaction was done. I set up the PayPal sandbox account with the return URL and the PTI Identity Token as described in the NopCommerce instructions, using the URL of my first site in that space. Despite this, the second site returns to itself after a successful transaction and when the user clicks the cancel button.

While I have not tried the live Paypal account for a full transaction from the second website, the cancel button works successfully, taking the user back to the site that they were at before being transferred to the PayPal site.

I hope this info helps you.
12 years ago
According to Paypal:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/pop/express_return_return_url

Auto Return: Return URL
The Return URL will be applied to all of your Auto Return payments unless otherwise specified within the button or link for that Website Payment. Set your preferences to bring customers back to your website after they pay with PayPal. Go to My selling tools in your Profile and click Update in the "Website payments" section.In this case, the Return URL that is associated with the button or link will override what was specified in the profile settings.

Regards,

Nick K.
NK-Inc.com Webdesigns:
http://www.nk-inc.com
12 years ago
Can anyone tell me how to setup ipn with more than one store/website?  I have 2 stores/websites that I want to use with one paypal account.

Thanks
12 years ago
Link: https://cms.paypal.com/al/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/PremierBusAcct_full

Multiple Auto Return: Return URLs, is a feature only available in PayPal Business & Premier Accounts.

And the return URL is supplied by nopCommerce source.

8.Auto Return

i.Eligibility. All Business and Premier Accounts are eligible for the Auto Return feature.
ii.Definitions.

a.Auto Return. A Website Payments flow where the PayPal-hosted "payment done" page is replaced by a page hosted on your website. Upon the completion of the payment, your customer is directed back to this page.
b.Return URL. The address of the page that your customer sees after the payment is completed. This URL is required when you turn on Auto Return. You are responsible for ensuring that "payment done" messaging is appropriately displayed on the landing page for the specified return URL.
iii.Your Abilities and Obligations.

a.If you turn on Auto Return, you must specify a Return URL.
b.You are obligated to ensure that the landing page associated with the Return URL includes messaging that the payment has been completed. This landing page must provide a good user experience for your customers, including, but not limited to, the following functionality:

i.The page must be visually consistent with the rest of your merchant site.
ii.The page must state that payment details will be included in an email receipt and may be accessed by logging into the PayPal web site.
iii.The page must not ask your customers for PayPal account information, including but not limited to username and password.
iv.Monitoring of Return URL:

a.PayPal reserves the right to monitor your Return URL. If it is found that you are not complying with your obligations in using the Auto Return feature, PayPal may take any necessary action (disable Auto Return or turn Auto Return off until an appropriate landing page is specified) to prevent problems.
12 years ago
Thanks for the help, so I have a Paypal Business account - is there some settings that I need in Nopcommerce for this to work?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.