shared hosting and "The connection name 'LocalSqlServer' was not found in the applications configur

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I have checked other thread with the same error message. BUT its running fine on my local machine but when i copy the files on my shared hosting package's web server i face this error.

"The connection name 'LocalSqlServer' was not found in the applications configuration or the connection string is empty"

I did not change any thing in the webconfig or the connectionString files. They are default as what comes in the zip file.

Thanks
14 years ago
Open ConnectionString.config file. Add new connection element with "LocalSQLServer" name. Your ConnectionString.config file should be something like:

<connectionStrings>
    <add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="your cs here" />
    <add name="LocalSQLServer" connectionString="your cs here" />
</connectionStrings>
14 years ago
I am working with the version 1.20.

I was getting error even before i could see the installation wizard. I removed the default role and membership provider in my web.config and it worked for me.

Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.