I may have mixed things up in how I chose to organize my store. I sell jewelry, art objects and will be branching out into other areas in the future. I made Jewelry a Category and Earrings is a Product (with individual pairs of earring -each pair is unique- being a the product variants) and I made Pendants a Product (with each individual pendant being a product variant). Should I have, instead, made Earrings a category and Pendants another category? I ask this because I am seeing that if I did it that way, I could add more pictures since the Edit Product Details screen has a tab for more pictures. Oh shoot! Is there any way to move everything up one level without having to enter it all again (i.e. make my product variants into products and my products into categories)?
I found the explanation confusing of what a product is vs a product variant. SInce the items I sell are unique- one of a kind- that makes my store organization different than, say, if I had 100 or the identical item to sell. Can anyone shed some light on this all for me? Thanks!