First time install error message

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi All,

Can anybody help with the following message when running a fresh install version of nopCommerce 1.20. This is on an ASP.Net 3.5 enabled host running IIS.

Regards,
Andrew

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The connection name 'LocalSqlServer' was not found in the applications configuration or the connection string is empty.

Source Error:

Line 144:    <roleManager>
Line 145:      <providers>
Line 146:        <add name="AspNetSqlRoleProvider" connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" applicationName="/" type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 147:        <add name="AspNetWindowsTokenRoleProvider" applicationName="/" type="System.Web.Security.WindowsTokenRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 148:      </providers>

Source File: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config    Line: 146

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433
14 years ago
Hello,
Have you changed your connection string in ConnectionStrings.config?
Provide your connection string in this file ConnectionStrings.config.
Hope it helps you.
14 years ago
Hi Arun,

Thanks for your response.

The install wizzard should create the connection string as part of the install. If I specify it prior to the install, it will only find an empty database.

The problem appears to be the host as it refers to LocalSQLServer in the MachineConfig.config file, when it probably needs to refer to the IP of the SQL Server.

I'll let you know when I find a solution.

Regards,
Andrew
14 years ago
Hi,
First Create an empty database.Run the data base scripts files  from the script folder under Insatll.
I hope this will solve your issues.
14 years ago
Hi Arun,

Thanks. I have tried that (created blank database and then run the appropriate scripts); hence I have a database that I can reach (via Access & SQL Server Management Studio).

However, as soon as I try to run nopCommerce I get the same message:

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The connection name 'LocalSqlServer' was not found in the applications configuration or the connection string is empty.

Source Error:
Line 144:    <roleManager>
Line 145:      <providers>
Line 146:        <add name="AspNetSqlRoleProvider" connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" applicationName="/" type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 147:        <add name="AspNetWindowsTokenRoleProvider" applicationName="/" type="System.Web.Security.WindowsTokenRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 148:      </providers>

Source File: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config    Line: 146
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

This suggests to me a hosting issue becuase nopCommerce can not find the SQL Server, hence locals for the LocalSQLServer specified in the MachineConfig.config file.

Regards,
Andrew
14 years ago
Hi,

You are right that the machine.config is being used, but nop is not looking for this. Is the IIS set up properly i.e nop is being run as a application?

I have never come across this problem before, but you can remove 'AspNetSqlRoleProvider' and 'AspNetWindowsTokenRoleProvider' from the machine.config as nop does not need or reference these providers and then try and run the application.

mike..
14 years ago
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your meessage. I agree, the problem does appear to be IIS related. I am trying on two other hosts to see if I have the same problem.

Regards,
Andrew
14 years ago
This issue will be fixed in the next release. One of the solutions is:
Open ConnectionString.config file. Add new connection element with "LocalSQLServer" name. Your ConnectionString.config file should be something like:

<connectionStrings>
    <add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="your cs here" />
    <add name="LocalSQLServer" connectionString="your cs here" />
</connectionStrings>
14 years ago
Hi,

I added the LocalSQLString entry in ConnectionStrings.config and it works fine! Thank you to all that responded. I very much appreciate it.

Regards,
Andrew
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.