Access denied - I'm locked out of admin... please help!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hello everyone

I'm in a pickle, hope someone can help as I've got to try to get this shop up and running by 1st May ie tomorrow!

I've been using my backend all day, adding products with no problem at all.

I happened to go to the page on 'Rewards' and changed the exchange value. When I saved the changes I made, the 'Access Denied' error came up with 'You do not have permission to perform the selected operation.' Not only that, but I've now been locked out of the whole of the backend, ie. I cannot select ANYTHING in the backend, not even the dashboard.

I don't know if this is a coincidence but:

Last night, the host admin changed the website to ASP.NET 4 to elevate the permissions to allow me to print PDF invoices and address labels and the like, as this feature was not working. Is my lock-out connected to this? Do I need to change anything to reflect/compliment the change to ASP.NET 4? To reiterate, this change was made before I worked successfully on the backend today: ie. the backend has worked after this ASP.NET 4 promotion, but only with products on the catalogue.

I would be very grateful for any help!

Many thanks.

Steve
12 years ago
Steve,

Presume that you also specified 'Admin area allowed IP' on 'Global settings' page. Connect to your datatabase and update excute the following command.
UPDATE Nop_Setting 
SET [value] = ''
WHERE [name] = 'Security.AdminAreaAllowedIP'

Don't forget to restart the application after it's done - simply save web.config file (without any changes)
12 years ago
Andrei

Thanks so much! That fixed it.

I saw that the value in the table was 100. Didn't look like an IP address at all - should it? Any ideas how this value managed to set itself like this when I was changing the value on the Rewards Points page? I certainly wasn't anywhere near any security or permissions pages?

Thanks again for your help.

Steve
11 years ago
It says "Objekt name not found"
for Nop_Setting.

What can I do?
10 years ago
Use this:

UPDATE Setting
SET [value] = ''
WHERE [name] = 'securitysettings.adminareaallowedipaddresses'
7 years ago
The above worked for me, but only using IIS 8 complete restart of that particular website ....not restarting via Nop.

No more IP address filtering.. I'll let syspeace do it's job.
3 years ago
i know it's an old post but i  have the same issue

except im using myslq

is the syntax different?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.