nopCommerce 4.30 BETA released. Please share your impressions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 Jahre weitere
Not sure what you are trying to do - are planning to make a plugin for others to use ?
If so you need the Plugin to make the tables.

Otherwise If the table exists installing the plugin should not overwite the table
(but take a backup just to be sure there are no problems)

And if the Schema matches the table the Plugin should be able to continue to read and write data in the existing table.
3 Jahre weitere
Yidna wrote:
Not sure what you are trying to do - are planning to make a plugin for others to use ?
If so you need the Plugin to make the tables.

Otherwise If the table exists installing the plugin should not overwite the table
(but take a backup just to be sure there are no problems)

And if the Schema matches the table the Plugin should be able to continue to read and write data in the existing table.

No, the plugins will not be distributed.

I have 10+ stores live today, with custom tables in different plugins.

When i'm upgrading a test-store to 4.3 i'm getting issues since the tables are already existing.  So my question was if i'm supposed to match the scheme file to the table, or if it exists a reverse engineering. I know EF used to have this in VS, so you could generate files db model files based on an existing db.
3 Jahre weitere
Dont know if you can do that
Here is the Documentation https://fluentmigrator.github.io/
3 Jahre weitere
@hkbits
It would be best if you create a new topic for your question  (rather than using this "4.30 beta" topic)
3 Jahre weitere
New York wrote:
@hkbits
It would be best if you create a new topic for your question  (rather than using this "4.30 beta" topic)

I was only replying to a existing topic here, but yeah
3 Jahre weitere
Please see the new article on the documentation

primico wrote:
I am new to creating a plugin. I see this article that shows how to access data using nopcommerce versions 4.2 and below. I see IDbContext is used, but I don't see IDbContext in nopcommerce 4.3. Does anyone have any example of how to do this with version 4.3?
Thanks!!

public class ProductViewTrackerRecordObjectContext : DbContext, IDbContext

https://docs.nopcommerce.com/en/developer/plugins/plugin-with-data-access.html
3 Jahre weitere
Is the last version still safe and OK to keep using, I'm worried as I've changed coding and other things it will all go back to default? and I can't remember all the changes!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.