Nop installed on GoDaddy and Databases

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I installed nopCommerce directly on GoDaddy and am a new user to nopCommerce
Am using the Admin to add Categories and product, where is the database that the data is being stored on located?
I see the product up on the test site, but cannot find the actual location where the
data is being stored.
12 years ago
It is exactly where you told it to reside. Could be on the database server. Look at your connection string in this file, and that will tell you the exact name of the server where the sql database resides: ConnectionStrings.config

Did you install it on your local box first? Should have done that, and loaded the database, and then moved everything to your host.

Andrew SQLDBA
12 years ago
No, did not transfer to a local machine, GoDaddy allows you to install directly on your webhosting site, just not at the root.

Anyone else installing nopCommerce on Godaddy and NOT  local?
12 years ago
As stated in mu first reply.

Look at your connection string in this file, and that will tell you the exact name of the server where the sql database resides: ConnectionStrings.config  It is located in the NopCommerceStore directory

I was only curious as to why you would not install and configure this on your own box first. That is the normal way of doing Web Application Deployment.

Andrew SQLDBA
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.