generating a list of items with SKUs

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
My personal list of items and their SKUs on my computer has gotten mixed up. Is there a way to generate a list from my store website that has SKU, name of item and price so I have all this info in one place? Thanks!
14 years ago
Go to admin area, then Products, then Manage Products. Load products and click "Export" button.
14 years ago
I went to products>manage products (there was no "Load") and I clicked Export to XML. It gave me a file with (what appeared to be) every title and every answer I put in for each title (like <Product Version = "1.20">and <Product ID>88</Product ID>and <Name>Green Glass Globes with Spirals</Name> etc, etc, etc). So the info was there. But I was hoping to have it in table format or a list, not all this other stuff along with it. At least I can look at all my entries with this download. But the more products I upload, the more cumbersome this will become. Is there any way to do this and not have all that stuff inside < > repeatedly listed? Thanks!
14 years ago
You can open the XML with Excel.  It should convert all the xml data to a nice looking table for you.

Thanks,
Matthew
14 years ago
I opened Excel and opened the xml file with it. Now here's another problem: for every instance of a picture of the product (which is the same as the product variant, remember), there is another entry with the identical info except for the picture ID and this also occurred for various other column headings, like if I had a pair of earring where I offered different kinds of ear wires with price adjustments, there was a repeat for each of those too. So I have anywhere from 2 to 6 pictures of each item posted and it looks like I have repetitions of each item in the Excel list to pretty much match that and then the product attributes, etc. I clicked on remove duplicates, but it obviously did not work. I clicked on Pivot Repport and that helped some as I could easily pull out only the info I wanted (Product Name, SKU, Price, Old Price, Product Attributes Names and Price Adjustments). Do you have any suggestions to improve the way this is working for me? I really appreciate the help.
14 years ago
Shouldnt you just be able to remove all the columns you don't want and then remove duplicates?
14 years ago
There are over 1000 rows! I guess I could write an Excel formula to remove duplicates in the name column or use the list function to make a unique list. I will try that. Thanks!
14 years ago
Write and exucute an SQL script for exactly what you need.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.