Applying Tax Category to All Products

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Is there any quick way to associate all of my products with a tax category?  I added a large amount of products recently, but never selected the tax category for any of them.  Is this something I will have to do manually with each one now?  Also, is there a way for every new product to be in that tax category by default?
12 years ago
You can manually update your database. Excecute the following statement:

UPDATE [Nop_ProductVariant]
SET [TaxCategoryID]=1
--replace 1 with your tax category ID (you can find it in Nop_TaxCategory table)
GO
11 years ago
Set Tax Category (TaxCategoryID) for bulk products.

Glad I found this!  I recently added 100 items via import and none of them had the TaxCategoryID set.  Thanks again.
3 years ago
I have approximately 2,000 items to update. Is the method below still valid for Nop 4.3?

SET [TaxCategoryID]=1
--replace 1 with your tax category ID (you can find it in Nop_TaxCategory table)
GO

Thank you in advance
3 years ago
For version 4.30 it will be:
UPDATE [Product]
SET [TaxCategoryId]=1
--replace 1 with your tax category ID (you can find it in TaxCategory table)
GO
3 years ago
Thank you for the quick response! your assistance is greatly appreciated. It enables me (a not so technical individual) to keep our site running.
3 years ago
Hi Andrei,

We performed the update as directed and the table now reflects the change. However, the product Tax Category is still set to none.

Any suggestions?
3 years ago
Do not forget to reset the website cache (see the "reset cache" button in the top right corner admin area)
3 years ago
Hi Andrei, will be the same for V 3.90:
SET [TaxCategoryID]=1
GO

Thanks.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.