URL Routes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I have yet to install and play with nopCommerce much but it looks promising. I was looking at the configuration options and was wondering if you can loose the .aspx ending for SEO.Product.UrlRewriteFormat. If I install to a host that uses IIS7 in integrated pipeline mode is this possible to make for cleaner URL's?
14 years ago
This is possible to do but it is my understanding that you set IIS to pass all requests to the asp.net handler. Certainly this is how I achieved this before in IIS6.
14 years ago
I understand clean URL's are in, but they dont help anymore with SEO and according to Matt Cutts at Google, its a little better to have the extension so the bots crawling your site aren't making guesses as to what code your site is made up of. Do a search for clean urls and Matt Cutts and watch the 7+ videos of him telling you this.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.