Where does the Default TimeZone come from?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Does anyone know how the Default Timezone is fetched?
I know it uses System.TimeZoneInfo to get it, but where does ASP.NET get the default timezone?

On this server there are several nopCommerce installations running. Only one is showing a timezone that is not the one configured on the server. The other nopCommerce sites do show the correct default timezone.
12 years ago
By default it loads default windows time zone. But it can be overridden (Admin area > Configuration > Customer Settings > DateTime settings). I presume that you configured time zone on your local computer (it was saved into your database) and then you restored this database on another server. But your local computer timezone was marked as active after the database had been restoring.
12 years ago
I have seen the setting in Global Settings > Customer Profiles.
But I wonder about the different 'Default TimeZone' one site shows while other sites show the time zone that is set in the Windows config.

See this image to clarify: http://www.linkxperts.nl/download/timezones-nop.png.

Where does nop get this value from?
If it gets it from the ASP.NET framework, how does that determine it?
Or is there an override in any config file?
12 years ago
Your image doesn't display 'Default time zone'. It displays 'current time zone'. So to summarize:
1. 'Default time zone'. It's the default time zone of a store. By default it's set to current time zone of the computer where nopCommerce is run (Windows OS setting). But this value can be changed by a store owner (Admin area > Configuration > Customer Settings > DateTime settings). Its value is the same for all customers.
2. 'Current time zone'. It's the time zone of the currently logged-in customer. It's useful when you ticked 'Allow customers to select time zone' (Admin area > Configuration > Customer Settings > DateTime settings). In this case a customer can set any timezone he wants to use (public store > my account). For example, you can do the same on nopCommerce official site here. If 'Allow customers to select time zone' is disabled, then 'Default time zone' value is used.

P.S. Admin area > Configuration > Customer Settings > 'DateTime settings' path is for 2.X versions. It was Admin area > Configuration > 'Global settings' in 1.X versions.
12 years ago
Aahhhh! Now it's clear.
The Current TimeZone does not show the OS setting, but the user's setting (which can be changed by the user if this is enabled).

Another thing to remove from my list... thanks.
7 years ago
how can I change date format (Tuesday, January 12, 2016) to (12/01/2016) ?
7 years ago
I have meny customers with wrong customer time zone. How can I fix it (via SQL on database - i.e. I don't find this information on tables).
Thanks Andrei
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.