Move filters to left sidebar in v2.1

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi

Can someone help me with the changes I need to make in v2.1 to move the filters from the master center to the left side?
I have tried some methods suggested in other threads with some success but I lose the left side wrapper from the homepage. I am not great with .net but ok with HTML and CSS.
12 years ago
Hello,
please check solution here https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/11055/category-page-product-filters-v20.aspx by PM.
You need modify two files, it`s easy.
12 years ago
nopworks wrote:
Hello,
please check solution here https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/11055/category-page-product-filters-v20.aspx by PM.
You need modify two files, it`s easy.

I tried that method and it does work for the category pages but the left sidebar disappears completely from my homepage as a side effect and I cant work out why?
12 years ago
Check a code, i think you added filters and other controls in the "left block". So, if you don`t have a left block, it`s not display other controls (on homepage you not have a filters - only on Category page)

Place your code here.
12 years ago
Hi

this is my code. It all works as expected on the category page views but when  I go to the homepage and view the source the "<div class="master-wrapper-leftside-3"> </div>" div is empty and nothing is displayed.

In Category.cshtml

@section left {
    @*filtering*@
    @if (Model.PagingFilteringContext.PriceRangeFilter.Enabled ||
        Model.PagingFilteringContext.SpecificationFilter.Enabled)
    {
        <div class="product-filters">
            <div class="filter-title">
                <span>@T("Filtering.FilterResults")</span>
            </div>
            <div class="filter-item">
                @Html.Partial("_FilterPriceBox", Model.PagingFilteringContext.PriceRangeFilter, new ViewDataDictionary())
            </div>
            <div class="filter-item">
                @Html.Partial("_FilterSpecsBox", Model.PagingFilteringContext.SpecificationFilter, new ViewDataDictionary())
            </div>
        </div>
        <div class="clear">
        </div>
    }
    }

In _ColumnsThree.cshtml

div class="master-wrapper-leftside-3">
    @if (IsSectionDefined("left"))
    {
        @RenderSection("left")

@Html.Action("WidgetsByZone", "Widget", new { widgetZone = Nop.Core.Domain.Cms.WidgetZone.BeforeLeftSideColumn })
        <div class="clear">
        </div>
        @Html.Action("CategoryNavigation", "Catalog", new { currentCategoryId = currentCategoryId })
        <div class="clear">
        </div>
        @Html.Action("ManufacturerNavigation", "Catalog", new { currentManufacturerId = currentManufacturerId })
        <div class="clear">
        </div>
        @Html.Action("PopularProductTags", "Catalog")
        <div class="clear">
        </div>
        @Html.Action("InfoBlock", "Common")
        <div class="clear">
        </div>
        @Html.Action("PollBlock", "Poll", new { systemKeyword = "LeftColumnPoll" })
        <div class="clear">
        </div>
        @Html.Action("WidgetsByZone", "Widget", new { widgetZone = Nop.Core.Domain.Cms.WidgetZone.AfterLeftSideColumn })
    }
12 years ago
I use nop2.2
And I want to move filters from center to left. Can anybody help me?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.