Deploying to production server

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I am using NopCommerce 2.10.

I have successfully ran Prepare.bat and Deploy.bat.  The result is a folder "Deployable".

In development, the database connection string is placed in the settings.txt file.  I understand that this file is not included in the "Deployable" package.  How should I specify the database connection string so to be able to run in production?
12 years ago
It depends on your database type (SQL Compact or Standard) and some other connection string parameters. So the easiest way will be installing it locally and looking at the created \App_Data\Settings.txt file (just copy this file to the production).

P.S. Also do not forget about InstalledPlugins.txt file. This file is also required
12 years ago
Many thanks Andrei.

Is this a nopCommerce best practice to just use the settings.txt file in production?  Is changing the web.config another option?
12 years ago
Right, connection string is stored in the settings.txt file. web.config file is not used for this purpose
12 years ago
Andrei, once again I want to thank you for your help.  I use tha approach you suggested and the nopCommerice site has been deployed successfully in production.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.