Upgrade 1.2 to 1.30 on Go Daddy

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I used the automated installer for nopCommerce 1.2 that's provided by Go Daddy in the Hosting Connection.  The installation worked find and the application works great.  I'd like to upgrade to 1.3.  I could use some help.  It seems that I need to manually download 1.3, upload the file and unzip it via the Go Daddy file manager.   I see there's an SQL upgrade script too.  Has anyone been successful with this upgrade on a Go Daddy account? If so, can you provide some instructions, such as the order to accomplish the tasks.  Other than uploading and unzipping, should an installer be run?  Which download should be used: the one that just says "no source" or the one that says "Web Deploy"?  If "Web Deploy" then I assume there's an installer or upgrade routine to run?
14 years ago
Hi,

First take a copy of the connectionstrings.config file. As the web install does not like Godaddy databases.

You should download the non source version of nopcommerce 1.30

Then upload all the 1.30 files overwriting the 1.20 files. Once you have done that upload the connectionstrings.config file you created earlier so it replaces the 1.30 version.

Next

Go into your Hosting Control Panel, Select Databases then SQL Server.

Click Manage Via web admin on your nopcommerce SQL server & Login using your database username and password.

4a. Expand the tools folder on the left (if it is not already) and click on Query Analyzer.

4b. Now Press Open SQL File. Navigate to the Install/Scripts/1.30 File within Nop Commerce on your local machine and open nopCommerce_upgrade.sql once this has opened press Execute. This will have updated your database for you.

Now visit your site it should be working fine and be upgraded to version 1.30.

Hope that helps.
14 years ago
Thanks!  That helped tremendously.  I was successful in getting everything upgraded.  It took me a minute to realize that I'd be browsing my own hard drive for the SQL script to run, rather than the files/folders I had just uploaded, but then it went smoothly.  I now have 1.30 up and running.
Thanks again!
Jarrett
14 years ago
No Problem! Glad I could be of help.
14 years ago
Tried it but it still puts me back to the install menu

rather than to my website
14 years ago
Leesh,
Thanks for the precise instructions. I think I was able to upgrade my installation. But the version on the admin header still says 1.2. I did check the release notes and i understand 1.3 has IP blacklists as new. I do have IP blacklist on the admin menu. how else can i confirm the version?
Thanks,
Z
14 years ago
You version setting was not update if you run nopCommerce_upgrade.sql file. The version setting is updated by the installer (ASPX). So if you have Blacklist menu in admin area, then you have 1.30
14 years ago
Thanks for that too. Boy, this place rocks!
Z
14 years ago
You version setting was not update if you run nopCommerce_upgrade.sql file. The version setting is updated by the installer (ASPX). So if you have Blacklist menu in admin area, then you have 1.30

So what would be the correct method for updating to 1.30 on a GoDaddy installed 1.20 nopcommerce site?
14 years ago
Do a search on this forum using upgrade, update or GoDaddy
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.